Fun G rated destinations that aren't empty?

brundleflie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Running into an issue where all the G rated places I visit are totally empty, or only one person will be there for a few seconds before leaving. Could someone recommend any they know of? I like places with exploring and music but anywhere is okay at this point since I am just desperate to meet people and make some friends. Sorry if this is not the right forum category to post this in.

I have two suggestions for you, brundleflie. One is my new, soon to be opening, nightclub, The Blind Frog. We plan to have an eclectic mix of music in a friendly, cozy atmosphere. IM me if you want to be kept up to date on the opening events.  

The second is a welcoming, diverse and affirming community, Bray's Place. I like the club there, but there are always people, a Newcomers group, a beach, a club, and places to live. It is a great place to be homeless....always open, always comfortable, and always someone to talk with and someone to help you with SL issues, tips and tricks. There is even a place for you to rez your boxes. Finding Community in Second Life: Bray's Place Blues Club and Social Community

Both these places are in moderate sims, but PG-rated. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, brundleflie said:

Running into an issue where all the G rated places I visit are totally empty, or only one person will be there for a few seconds before leaving. Could someone recommend any they know of? I like places with exploring and music but anywhere is okay at this point since I am just desperate to meet people and make some friends. Sorry if this is not the right forum category to post this in.

Unless you're only allowed in G rated regions, a lot of moderate regions are definitely more G rated.  Most music venues are on moderate regions.  I've noticed most clubs and stores rent on private regions and the majority of those are rated moderate.  

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure how to link to places, but Creations Park has a ton of places to explore. Here are some others, including clubs: Key West Country, Ohana Rock Club, I Love 80s, Oceana, Little Yosemite. . . 

There are so many places in world! The problem is most of them aren't going to have a rating of G. Most places in world don't.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A lot of clubs won't rate themselves as "G" but go for "Moderate" because of this in the Community standards...

"General regions are areas where you should feel free to say and do things that you would be comfortable saying and doing in front of your grandmother or a grade school class. Institutions such as universities, conference organizers, and real world businesses may wish to designate their regions as General. Likewise their users (and others) may wish to employ Second Life's General search setting to focus and filter search results appropriately."

SL Maturity ratings

They're afraid that folks with nothing better to do aka busybodies will show up a report venues (or even worse call them out on Social Media) because someone used a curse word in local or showed up wearing short shorts....

Believe me - it's less hassle to have a Moderate rated venue overall.

Edited by Lyndka Cochrane
  • Like 2

Totally 80's is G Rated on a moderate rated sim. They even have a sign up that states even though they are on a moderate sim they are G-rated. This issue might be that you can only go to G-rated sims? Is that correct?

A shame that those clubs aren't able to change their rating from M to G if they are advertising as such.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Totally 80's is G Rated on a moderate rated sim. They even have a sign up that states even though they are on a moderate sim they are G-rated. This issue might be that you can only go to G-rated sims? Is that correct?

A shame that those clubs aren't able to change their rating from M to G if they are advertising as such.

It depends on the land that you're based on - the rating is for the whole sim.

If you're only a rented portion/parcel of that SIM then you can't change the rating from what the sim owner sets it to -  if they have other tenants that are using the "moderate" definition then they probably won't change the whole sim for just one person.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Stonehenge in Laserlight Region and Edge Walker Park in Edge Walker Region are both General regions on the Mainland Continent of Corsica and have a nice drive through them on the Circuit La Corse (Linden Road).  There's picnic area and exploring and Teegle Horse rezzers and usually some people around day or night.  There are Moderate Regions to the west and some further East but most of those are family friendly places and a ways to the west there's a nice children's build.

• 4 weeks later...

Our place is M rated, but really it is G.

"Terminal City Social Club and Hangout."  We have half a sim to explore.

Lots of fun, crazy stuff, and humour. It all starts at the landing point, and goes from there...

Drop by, and take your photo with a shark with a frickin' laser on its frickin' head! 

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Copacabana Beach/14/88/22

Terminal City Social Club.jpg

Snapshot_004.png

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.