Forgot my password and security question but have my password saved on Firestorm Log-in screen, help??

KaitoWinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Much like the title, I have forgot my account password and security question/answer. I have it saved as the dots ******* on the Phoenix Firestorm Log-in screen. I sadly dont have it saved on my browser like Chrome or others, just saved on Firestorm but I cant seem to find out to unhide it. I do not want to make a new password, is there anything I can do?

Edited by KaitoWinn
typo fix

12 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, KaitoWinn said:

Much like the title, I have forgot my account password and security question/answer. I have it saved as the dots ******* on the Phoenix Firestorm Log-in screen. I sadly dont have it saved on my browser like Chrome or others, just saved on Firestorm but I cant seem to find out to unhide it. I do not want to make a new password, is there anything I can do?

Contact support.  They will help guide you through steps to prove the account its yours.  Link to support is at the bottom of this page and every forum page 

30 minutes ago, KaitoWinn said:

You cannot unhide the Firestorm password, thus there is no way to retrieve it if you don't have it stored in a browser or password application that lets you see it.  Note the LL has no way of retrieving it either - it will be in an encrypted form on their server.  Thus your only option is to go through a password reset --- assuming you have access to the email that you have on file.  Otherwise, you will need to contact Support and they will provide some options for proving you are the account holder.  Note that even then, they will do a password reset, to some random value, and it will force you to create a new password (or possibly their reset process doesn't even give a temp value but simply sends you to a screen to enter a new password).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

2 minutes ago, Doris Johnsky said:

It does but I no longer use FS.    I have an alt I would  like to login to check some things she has in inventory but alas I can't remember

her password

why don't you just use the password revovery in the login menu of the accountpage?

when you don't remember your security question... i'm pretty sure there aren't too many answers possible ... i can't imagine you forgot your fav pet name, or street where you grew up.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

why don't you just use the password revovery in the login menu of the accountpage?

when you don't remember your security question... i'm pretty sure there aren't too many answers possible ... i can't imagine you forgot your fav pet name, or street where you grew up.

That's been like 11 years ago. I don't even remember HAVING a security question     

1 hour ago, Doris Johnsky said:

It does but I no longer use FS.    I have an alt I would  like to login to check some things she has in inventory but alas I can't remember

her password

Log out of the browser.  Go to https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new and enter ANY VALID email that you have access to.  There is only one "Issue Type" of 'Account Issue'.  Then select "Lost Password".  In the description area, provide the username of the account you are having problems with and clearly state that you do no have access to the original email address.
  NOTE that you must be logged out of the SL web pages or that Support ticket stuff will automatically default to your account.

LL will ask you some questions to determine if the account really belongs to you.  It might or might not be a "Security question", but if it is, one would assume that you would know the answer.  They have other questions that they ask -- name people on your Friends list, what location (city/state/whatever) were you in when you created the account, other misc stuff.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Log out of the browser.  Go to https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new and enter ANY VALID email that you have access to.  There is only one "Issue Type" of 'Account Issue'.  Then select "Lost Password".  In the description area, provide the username of the account you are having problems with and clearly state that you do no have access to the original email address.
  NOTE that you must be logged out of the SL web pages or that Support ticket stuff will automatically default to your account.

LL will ask you some questions to determine if the account really belongs to you.  It might or might not be a "Security question", but if it is, one would assume that you would know the answer.  They have other questions that they ask -- name people on your Friends list, what location (city/state/whatever) were you in when you created the account, other misc stuff.

Thank you. This was so helpful. You need a DJ for an event or a photo taken hit me up in world

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.