I have seen these types of pictures all over Flickr and I just can’t figure out how to get the look they did on this pic.  It looks kind of realistic comic book to me and I want to know how to create that look in my pics.  If anyone knows of vids or tutorials that show how to create this or what programs they could have used.  I know it’s a lot of photo editing but I want to know what steps can create something similar or a technique.  Sorry just wanted a link and it didn’t work but I looked for an image that is not as bodily revealing.

touch me in the morning.

Use ink/pencil style and glow effect.  Programs like Adobe Photoshop etc has dedicated add-ons/layers to make the comic effect very good looking.

If you use Phtotoshop, check out this video:

Edited by Rachel1206

One way to get the exaggerated dodge and burn effect (highlights and shadows) on the image, is to make a new layer in Photoshop, fill it with 50% gray and set it to overlay mode in the layers panel. Take a soft brush, you will need to keep adjusting the size of the brush as you work, and set the opacity of the brush to no more than about 13%. Paint on the layer in white to add highlights, and in black to add shadows. If the effect is too dramatic, you can lower the opacity of the layer, and you can also use guassian blur to smooth it out a bit.

• Like 1

It looks like they used a 'bloom' effect which makes all the light areas of the skin glow similar to what Stephanie mentioned but it's an automatic effect that can be applied in some art programs. I don't recall if Photoshop has it. They might have also done some blur and sharpening.