Help me decide, Belleza Jake or Legacy?

I currently have the Aesthetic  Enzo by (NIRAMYTH),  I have this avatar since version 1.0, and I have a few big problems with it

1 This is the smaller problem,  because it is quite affordable compared to other male avatars, and already comes with a bento head, feet and hands, lot of people buy it, and every time I go to a sim every second person looks like me

2 Extremely hard to find clothes for it, not to mention skins, because creators do do anything for it

3. There are no updates anymore, the last update was last year around summer I think

Now I was looking around and I was eyeing with the legacy avatar for a while now, it is quite pricey but my concern is that I didn't hear good things about it, lot of people say to stay away from it, but meanwhile, lot of people have bought it and happy with it, so still hesitating

Belleza Jake looks good to be fair, but my question would be, is it updated frequently? or I am going to get left in the dark with it just like with the Aesthetic?

Any other recommendations are welcomed 

Thank you

18 minutes ago, TeeCay said:

I currently have the Aesthetic  Enzo by (NIRAMYTH),  I have this avatar since version 1.0, and I have a few big problems with it

1 This is the smaller problem,  because it is quite affordable compared to other male avatars, and already comes with a bento head, feet and hands, lot of people buy it, and every time I go to a sim every second person looks like me

2 Extremely hard to find clothes for it, not to mention skins, because creators do do anything for it

3. There are no updates anymore, the last update was last year around summer I think

Now I was looking around and I was eyeing with the legacy avatar for a while now, it is quite pricey but my concern is that I didn't hear good things about it, lot of people say to stay away from it, but meanwhile, lot of people have bought it and happy with it, so still hesitating

Belleza Jake looks good to be fair, but my question would be, is it updated frequently? or I am going to get left in the dark with it just like with the Aesthetic?

Any other recommendations are welcomed 

Thank you

Signature is another brand that is quite popular.  Belleza hasn't been updated in a couple years.  It has several issues that have needed fixed.  The problem people have with Legacy is the media based HUD but I rarely need to use it FWIW.  It's also heavier in triangles and such which people also dislike.  

Demo them all and also look around to see which body has the best clothing support.  

• Thanks 1

Look at the neck. If you want to use a new mesh head, they have universal neck fix. Other brands of mesh bodies has updated to it, so there is no neck seam. Belleza can also have normal looking hands when you look at your avatar, but others see you with splayed fingers.

Legacy has had 50% sales, last one was Black Friday, but did they have a sale even after that? I think they start to notice that their price is too high. People has said that the store is empty unless it is a sale.

Legacy has higher complexity. It is a question of how good your computer are. Some also say that several Legacy bodies in one place, lag others who does not have so good computers. Still, since Belleza is all but abandoned, I would pick Legacy of the two. I can not unsee that neck seam.

Signature is good. Signature has low complexity and is updated often. Some people complain about how the shoulders/arms look. I seem to remember @Skell Daggerhas a few suggestions about how to tweak that body. Maybe I remember wrong?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I echo everyone's recommendation for Signature. If you want to build a huge closet for a body, I'd go with Gianni. You'll have an easier time finding clothes within a stone's throw as well as body skins.  It gets frequent updates, is BoM ready, and has Omega preinstalled so you don't need to purchase any extra kits.  Signature also sell heads separately but I haven't seen much head skins made for them. You should always demo anyway to see if it works well enough to be passable.

Even though Belleza Jake has plenty of clothing support, that body hasn't been updated in a couple of years. I think the last update was in 2018.  Compared to other bodies, Jake is lacking in two features such as BoM and the universal SL neck fit. Because of the neck fit issue, many people has been complaining of the "neck seam".  It may or may not drive you crazy.

Legacy will shoot your complexity numbers through the roof and lag everyone out.

• Thanks 2

Signature. Not going to pretend I'm even slightly objective. Even if I were, I'd go with Signature. Especially if I were, I'd go with Signature. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Honestly, neither of those two. The best option right now, by a long way, is Signature Gianni.

* Massive clothing support

* Regular (several times a year) updates - unlike Jake which hasn't been updated in several years. Jake doesn't even have BOM properly implemented, and the half-BOM thing it does is only because someone else made it. Jake's neck doesn't fit newer heads.

* Cheaper than Legacy

* MUCH lower lag than Legacy

* Unlike Legacy, not relying on external servers staying up and in-business.

* More muscular look than Legacy, if that's what you like. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Looking at your current profile pic, @TeeCay I will also suggest Signature Gianni, although with a bit of work Legacy can also get to that shape. I will also echo others in suggesting that you avoid Belleza Jake, especially if you plan to use a mesh head from Lelutka's Evolution range, as Jake will not fit the neck of an Evolution head. As others have said, Jake is now very behind in terms of updates; to the point where I'm loath to recommend it unless someone is willing to overlook the lack of updates, the poor neck fit against mesh heads that use the new 'universal neck', the third-party workaround to enable BoM, the splayed fingers issue, and the multiple copies of the same body in the folder each with a differing set of hands and/or feet.

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Signature has low complexity and is updated often. Some people complain about how the shoulders/arms look. I seem to remember @Skell Daggerhas a few suggestions about how to tweak that body. Maybe I remember wrong?

I do, but I suspect the upper arms won't be an issue for the OP. That said, for future reference...

To slim down the shoulders and upper arms on Signature Gianni:

• Zero the shoulders, pectorals, and torso muscles sliders. Yes, it'll look awful. Bear with me.
  • Slowly start to push each of those sliders back up in small increments, one after the other, in small units. This will bring the upper arms closer to the body and reduce that 'bracketed biceps' look.
  • Keep going until your upper arms are to the size that you want.
  • Finish by adjusting shoulder width - again in small increments.
  • Remember to keep pulling back your view to see what you look like from a distance.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I speak from experience when I say it's possible to make Aesthetic look good and unique, but requires a lot more work than men usually put in. Gotta spend a lot of time on the sliders, skin hunting, and decent hair.

Gianni makes it much easier to look more unique, and certainly has more clothing choices.

Found this looking for other info entirely and I am honestly just sad at all these people directing someone away from really good bodies to the most basic crap just because it's "easier".

I really hope you didn't already go shopping. Being the easiest to buy clothing for is not a good endorsement of any body; if you like the look of Legacy and Jake, you're going to be very disappointed with Gianni. If your primary concern is finding clothes, then go ahead and go Signature, but if you have more attention to detail than that, make one of your original choices. Both bodies are fantastic- Jake is my favorite for many aesthetic reasons and is less expensive, but suffers waiting for updates and is not even technically fully BOM. Legacy is probably your best choice based on a balance of fine detail and active creators, if you don't mind the price tag. Legacy male bodies are well supported and constantly gaining more.  

• Haha 1

Belleza Jake, Legacy, and Signature Gianni are the Big Three at the moment in men's mesh bodies. I have all three, and they all work well and are well-supported by designers. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those three. Slink male mesh body would probably be number 4, but they don't seem to be as popular lately.

Signature also has a less-muscular, less-body-builder mesh body version called Geralt, which I think is quite attractive, but I have found that it does not have the same level of designer support as Gianni does.

And as you said, one of he biggest problems with Aesthetic is that you look like every other Aesthetic mesh avatar, especially in the face. You can spot them a mile away.

Edited by Vanity Fair
18 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

And as you said, one of he biggest problems with Aesthetic is that you look like every other Aesthetic mesh avatar, especially in the face. You can spot them a mile away.

some of Aesthetic dudes even have same hair😁

Signature Gianni! Perfectly balanced of all.

My husband wears Belleza Jake but as everyone here wrote it has issues (easy to live with if you do not zoom in too close) and he only keeps it so he will not have problems buying clothes. He started out with Slink Physique and while I still think that is the most aesthetically pleasing male body (I prefer slim swimmer type body), the lack of designer support was just too depressing. He also got Legacy during the Black Friday sale but it was a big mistake even at a discounted price because it is so glitchy and laggy. Do you think it’s a compliment to hear “Honey, your body is so ... umm, so complex (avatar complexity)!” or “Your body is stunning, everyone is stunned ... no, the sim is stunned because that body is lagging everything else!”

• Thanks 1
On 2/17/2021 at 8:26 AM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Guess you can safely say that with buying Belleza Jake, you are buying a product without guarantees for updates.

My vote on Signature's Gianni as well.

Add me to that list.

The polygon count on Legacy is some few gazillion. Both the male and female bodies are insane lag beasts. Female Belleza is worse in terms of lag though. Jake on the other hand is not bad... BUT, the neck seam no longer fits "current" mesh heads.

Gianni is "relatively" low lag. Rather it's much lower than the other options. It also has decent support, and the neck seam fits current heads. Signature has two male mesh bodies, but the other one, for some reason, has vastly lower support. I like the look of the other one more, but for my male alt I still got Gianni for the support.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Thanks 1

It was not only the neck that turned me from Belleza Jake. The hands looked fine, and the fingers moved as they should with the Bento AO.

But everyone else saw him with splayed hands. Unless the AO was restarted between every teleport. It was annoying like heck, never knowing when the hands would look correct or not.

8 hours ago, Alexander Huntsman said:

Does anyone have Information if Belleza is continue or actually dieing? Would be interesting, at the end i liked the Body alot just some Updates would be great.

Nobody knows, unfortunately. It's still a nice body, and while the BOM is HUD based it can still use it. No one has heard anything from the creator as far as I know, but after so long it may be safe to assume they don't intend on upkeep.

I still use it on my male alt for my main body. I have Legacy, Aesthetic, and Gianni as well, but I still love the shape of Jake over the others.

12 hours ago, Alexander Huntsman said:

Does anyone have Information if Belleza is continue or actually dieing?

As far as i'm aware the body's been abandoned by the creator(s) there hasn't been any updates in a very ln a very long time, what BoM there is was created by a third party not Belleza. The Belleza brand is still active as they have regular L$50 Friday offerings  

On 2/24/2021 at 5:31 AM, Alexander Huntsman said:

Does anyone have Information if Belleza is continue or actually dieing? Would be interesting, at the end i liked the Body alot just some Updates would be great.

If you ask they will tell you the stuff is still in active development. But every update from Belleza tends to take years.

This time around... more is needed than just a BOM button and neck fix - more than I suspect they will be willing to do. Belleza's body's are very high polygon. Jake is not as much of an offender as the female bodies - but this issue remains. For a while this was fine because Maitreya used to be about 2-3 times the polygons it is now.

Technically even Maitreya is a lag beast, 10x or so the polygons it should have... but it's also dramatically less so than either Belleza or Legacy.

Likewise for Gianni - technically they are about 10x the polygons they should be, but that's still much lower than Legacy...

The "proof" that these bodies could be lower polygons is found in 'Regalia' which is a 'combo pack of mesh bodies that can wear clothes from all major human female bodies, and comes in at around 30,000 or so polygons - while having the same physics / animations / fit of the human bodies. The problem is that the feet end in paws... it's a furry body for furries that want to buy human clothing.

Belleza needs a skilled 3D modeler to remake it at a lower polygon count. Or just hire the maker of Regalia...

Jake also needs script help - people keep noting that the hands keep turning off bento animations... This fix is actually super easy. If the body was mod I could fix it myself pretty quickly. Just have to find where in the script the animations are controlled and change how they load. I suspect something in the timer is asking the avatar to 'reset' and 'turn off' animations... to turn off it's custom hand poses... but is doing it to all animations and not just looking for it's own...

- That's been the number one complaint about Jake for years, the fix is trivially easy, but it's not been made.

I suspect the brand owner hired a scripter, and got back a no-mod script they can't edit themselves...

I absolutely love the look of Belleza Freya, but I stopped using it due to lag. One Belleza female on your sim is like having 5 people wearing maitreya visit... or about 20 people wearing Regalia... and yes, that's not a typo... One Belleza visitor is like maybe 40-80 '2003' era avatars... (one Maitreya visitor though, is like 8-16 'classic' avatars... which is still not a good thing, but it's a big difference between that and Belleza).

... and note that Legacy, both male and female - are very close to Belleza in terms of polygon count lag. And I believe their scripts are also not ideal. Maitreya's current scripts are very light weight, and when you 'delete' them, they actually go away... (there's a LOT of 'delete script' buttons on HUDS out there that don't actually do anything, or only delete part of the scripts. But Maitreya's actually work)...

Gianni... I need to look at the scripts again. Last time I looked, I came away without feeling any red flags... but I don't recall what I thought about it. It's certainly better than Jake or Legacy though.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap