What happens when you change your name with premium account? Do you lose access to any of my inventory which is non transfer. Do you lose any inventory. Do I lose my groups, friends. does changing my account name affect anything beside what my name

Xavier Barrymore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What happens when you change your name ($39.?? USA)with premium account?  example bob bob to doug harry.     this is not the name you can change for free.

Do you lose access to any of my inventory which is non transfer.

Do you lose any inventory.    

Do I lose my groups, friends.  does changing my account name affect anything beside what my name

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Xavier Barrymore said:

What happens when you change your name ($39.?? USA)with premium account?  example bob bob to doug harry.     this is not the name you can change for free.

Do you lose access to any of my inventory which is non transfer.

Do you lose any inventory.    

Do I lose my groups, friends.  does changing my account name affect anything beside what my name

You don't even totally lose your old name.  In a way, it belongs to you forever and you can always pay again to go back to it.

You lose nothing, though Friends that don't know about the name change might be a bit confused or find it difficult to find you if they have lots of Friends.  Your current name will no longer appear on their Friends list - instead you'll show up there with your new name.  

Depending on the merchant and what systems they use for things, if you have to contact one about a product issue, you might need to give them your old name for them to find you in their records.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
typo
  • Like 1

As Fritigern and Lil said, nothing changes except your login name.  All the features that you asked about are referenced to your UUID (your key), which can never change.  As Lil, pointed out, some merchants who use older scripts may not recognize you at first, but most modern scripts try to identify you by your UUID; they don't care what your name is.

Your chat logs, however, although still saved, won't be in the same folder as your new name chat logs.  This is rather annoying.  Most things that change will be things in the computer files.  Teleport history,  some preference settings were gone.  Region tracking was cleared.  I'm sure it's possible to transfer some of that over to your new name file.  I just haven't bothered and just redid what I needed.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.