Next theme (after the chalets)?

Claire Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

33 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

No, if they're at home in their native fjords they'll have ceased pining and will be bouncing up and down, singing away happily to themselves.

They'll have returned from the choir invisible!  They'll **voom** just naturally!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

No, if they're at home in their native fjords they'll have ceased pining and will be bouncing up and down, singing away happily to themselves.

Weellll, let's dream a bit.  Say LL's  Slartibartfast and his merry troupe HAVE built a bunch of fjords.  In a dark, moody, mountainous Maelstrom-like Norwegian landscape?  Maybe, could be interesting, maybe not. 

But then, let's dream that they departed from the old-world village of the Maelstrom ride and instead built more modern Norwegian homes, open floor plans, lots of windows and interior wood ... yes, I am describing the longed-for Meadowbrook replacement home!! -- something like these ...

You'd have more than parrots singing away happily to themselves!

norway-house-in-rock-cabin-knapphullet-l

cabin-inside-out-norwegian-summerhouse.j

• Like 15

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

But then, let's dream that they departed from the old-world village of the Maelstrom ride and instead built more modern Norwegian homes, open floor plans, lots of windows and interior wood ... yes, I am describing the longed-for Meadowbrook replacement home!! -- something like these ...

You'd have more than parrots singing away happily to themselves!

You certainly would..... 'Norwegian Wood'?

• Like 3

It appears to me that possibly the next Linden Home theme preview is either located in SLB Enchant or in SLB Spectacular. The SL18B exhibitor builds are located far west I think separated from the main SL18B regions. Once the builds are completed then these exhibitor regions will merge with the main SL18B regions again. The SLB Water regions are display regions so that the landscape don't full into the void. 

1835418319_SL18B1a.thumb.PNG.1e5e8f2bc2e433cee13ed37724403d50.PNG

1974162878_SL18B1B.thumb.PNG.957ed9f62651a223bfb8682705b809ef.PNG

• Like 15

Let's cut Patch some slack.  Even if not completely unexpected, Ebbe's passing has to be a huge shock to all of LL.  It might be particularly sad to Patch, who has so strikingly demonstrated the value of increased engagement with residents, a touchstone of Ebbe's leadership.

• Like 15

MIGHT this be a hint ??? I wonder!

... I tried to eclose one of his Flickr Photos ... did not work! How do you do that? This is the LINK

Farewell Fantasy Faire 2021...

Funny! NOW it shows up!

Anyway looks to me somewhat Nordic and historic and Fantasy stle.... or rather Red Indian? In Nordic climate he might catch a cold! ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

MIGHT this be a hint ??? I wonder!

Farewell Fantasy Faire 2021...

It is a strikingly beautiful pic, isn't it?  Poignant tribute to the fight against cancer.

Patch has been very consistent in tagging hint pics "Linden Homes".  This pic is not so tagged, nor is the newer, Pride pic.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

It is a strikingly beautiful pic, isn't it?  Poignant tribute to the fight against cancer.

Patch has been very consistent in tagging hint pics "Linden Homes".  This pic is not so tagged, nor is the newer, Pride pic.

Patch LIVES to tease us!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/2/2021 at 12:03 PM, Leora Jacobus said:

Well now it's only two more weeks till we'll be wiser ;)

" The 18th annual Second Life birthday celebration (SL18B) will be held from June 17th to July 1st. "

So for sure there will be a new theme on the 17th?  If so I have an alt that needs to start packing...   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

So for sure there will be a new theme on the 17th?  If so I have an alt that needs to start packing...   :)

They might well move the demo region(s) into place after it's started, as that's happened before. So it's not guaranteed to be revealed on the 17th. Just during the birthday sometime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

They will reveal what the new theme will be.  They haven't announced an actual release date for the frenzy over claiming of the new theme houses.  I wouldn't abandon just yet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

The reveal will happen during the birthday bash, but maybe not the first day.  If it is like the last one, then my guess is it will happen on Monday, June 21, after the Lab Gab concludes.

The actual release will very likely not happen until after SL18B is completely done. So possibly middle of the week of July 5th, but more likely the week of July 12th.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I too consider reviving one or two alts. But only for one month and not before the RELEASE actually STARTS. That is a game that requires NERVES ... more than I have!

Several times in the past I was deadsure that tomorrow will be the day and booked a months premium ... and then the release was about two or three weeks later!

Just a fortnight ago I cancelled three premium memberships though that meant giving up two really excellent homes that I had fought hard for getting. Now I will WAIT and first SEE and consider how desirable this new theme really is before I join in the game of homes again.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Last year at SL17B Patch Linden announced the Stilt Linden home theme (#6) on 23rd June 2020 during Meet The Lindens series at SL17B. The SL17B Enchant was the preview demo region for them. The Stilts release was Monday 21st December 2020 I believe because of the Uplift to the cloud which pushed it back. Soon after the launch there was deployment issues and the Stilts were rolled out in phrases. 

The Chalets was unveiled to the public at the 2020 SL Christmas Expo on Friday 4th December 2020. On Tuesday 30th March 2021 Patch Linden announced released the Chalet theme #7).

It's not confirmed yet which SLB regions will have the next Linden Home theme (#8) on them. Last year there was a massive rush trying to get into the SL17B Enchant region and that caused alot of lag for many. 

It's a guessing game now on which region is linked with the next LH theme. It's possible that SLB Enchant, SLB Spectacular or SLB Spellbound could be the preview for it.  

new-theme-launching.png.77fc26eed7c8b9811e0534812299e49f.png

The Moles have added some new black SSP regions for the next Linden Home theme I think. The purple is the Chalet theme, the green theme and black theme has not been released yet. 

566829413_SSP2021.thumb.PNG.73328ca8c6f8df5d212bfcb849367697.PNG

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.