How do I verify that I'm an adult?

Eddy Loopen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wh3n you joined you would have put your date of birth so they know you are over 18. In preferences, on Firestorm and there should be an equivalent on the official viewer, on the first page, you specify what regions you want to enter. Be sure to change to general, moderate and adult. You need to do the same thing on the marketplace. Preferences tab is under Avatar, the first listing on the top left hand corner. That should sole your problem

1 hour ago, Eddy Loopen said:

My Avatar can not enter all regions and buy freely what I like because after what I have been told it is not age verified
How do I verify that I'm an adult, please?

it could be just a matter of settings ....check the maturity setting in "search"  "preferences" and "marketplace"
(one note .. region owners can restrict access by several options... age can be one! .. you can't change that or ask fo access by LL)
When you can't change those, you'll need to contact support.

MP
5fffdd159f287b7d805a1e103cd040f3.png

preferences
65d75a6723e19b6ea465997d4d56b8f7.png

search 1
5570c25c5d69033ec0f75c2519bdfc6a.png

search 2 (legacy search)

d410b1890f1163d9fbb3efe89f9a5048.png

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

Preferences are and have been set to adult but at the search adult is not marked.
So I went to what you showed and set it all to adult in those tabs.
But still when i go to the main search window it shows as it was. No adult.

Is there something else I can set to solve this, pls?

• 3 months later...

Heyy, me and my friends account is on hold cause of the way that my avatar looks .....and i would love to accept any help on gettting it back because i own land on secondlife and pay 80 a month for it and for them to have it on hold cause of a look and i got my friends account on hold cause of my look is not right this just happening this morning  but i would love to know a yes if i can try to call second life to get it back or there is hope of getting it back

5 minutes ago, TINYTIDDYS said:

Heyy, me and my friends account is on hold cause of the way that my avatar looks .....and i would love to accept any help on gettting it back because i own land on secondlife and pay 80 a month for it and for them to have it on hold cause of a look and i got my friends account on hold cause of my look is not right this just happening this morning  but i would love to know a yes if i can try to call second life to get it back or there is hope of getting it back

I've never heard of anyone having their account on hold mere!y for the way they look.  LL will have sent an email telling you why and what to do next.  Check the email you used for your account and the spam folder also.  

From the title of the thread you chose to post in, I can hazard a guess as to why your account is on hold.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I've never heard of anyone having their account on hold mere!y for the way they look.  LL will have sent an email telling you why and what to do next.  Check the email you used for your account and the spam folder also.  

From the title of the thread you chose to post in, I can hazard a guess as to why your account is on hold.

yes they said violation is ***** which me and my friends was at man cave event and some of them got there account on hold also for ***** when they are over 6ft tall  and my other friend that was on my private land but yes i did have my teen avatar on at the time but i just wanna know  and i just replied here because its the most recents . i just will like to know could i be able to get it back cause own land that i pay for monthly to be on hold for a look i know second calling hours is not at this time but if i call them will they tell me what i need to know and will able to get me my account back 

the volations was age.......play 

That violation is not just about how an avatar "looks", but also activities and/or conversations and/or proximity to certain situations which involve a child or teen avatar.  You might want to take a look at the SL Terms and Conditions, particularly under "4.  Conduct by Users of Second Life", sub-section (viii) and the policy that is linked to from there. 

There isn't anything anyone here in the Forums can do about your situation - we are all just residents, like you.  Look at the notification you received and see if it says anything about how, or if it's even possible, to get more information and/or appeal their decision.  

(There is a link to the SL Terms and Conditions at the bottom of this web page)

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TINYTIDDYS said:

yes they said violation is ***** which me and my friends was at man cave event and some of them got there account on hold also for ***** when they are over 6ft tall  and my other friend that was on my private land but yes i did have my teen avatar on at the time but i just wanna know  and i just replied here because its the most recents . i just will like to know could i be able to get it back cause own land that i pay for monthly to be on hold for a look i know second calling hours is not at this time but if i call them will they tell me what i need to know and will able to get me my account back 

How mature your friends look isn't important when they were with you in your teen avatar, they were considered as participating. Man Cave event has adult furniture. Did you stand close to a bed/chair while others were "testing" it? Did you test it too? Was somebody without clothes? With or without private parts out?

You will have to plead with LL about this. Somebody flied an AR on you and your friends and they probably included screenshots and/or chat with adult content.

It is up to LL to undo the ban or not. You should think carefully about what you and your friends were doing and explain why when you call LL.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

How mature your friends look isn't important when they were with you in your teen avatar, they were considered as participating. Man Cave event has adult furniture. Did you stand close to a bed/chair while others were "testing" it? Did you test it too? Was somebody without clothes? With or without private parts out?

You will have to plead with LL about this. Somebody flied an AR on you and your friends and they probably included screenshots and/or chat with adult content.

It is up to LL to undo the ban or not. You should think carefully about what you and your friends were doing and explain why when you call LL.

I will explain the best I can  because I'm just finding out the guy that came on to my land that I didn't know reported us. my land is private but I didn't turn on my security because my friends was there but he took a picture of me with the teen avatar when I was on the couch with my friend but I do photoshoot with that avatar for skin brands and I'm also married with kids on that account I will truly do everything I can to own up to something I didn't know can do this much damage I am researching about this action that they sent me cause I have no clue about it.  

6 minutes ago, TINYTIDDYS said:

I will explain the best I can  because I'm just finding out the guy that came on to my land that I didn't know reported us. my land is private but I didn't turn on my security because my friends was there but he took a picture of me with the teen avatar when I was on the couch with my friend but I do photoshoot with that avatar for skin brands and I'm also married with kids on that account I will truly do everything I can to own up to something I didn't know can do this much damage I am researching about this action that they sent me cause I have no clue about it.  

So on the adult couch doing adult couch things with a teen avatar (child).  That's what a.g.e play is in a nutshell.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

So on the adult couch doing adult couch things with a teen avatar (child).  That's what a.g.e play is in a nutshell.  

well that just told me everything i needed to know cause it was a adult couch but sitting close to a adult avatar  yes i will do my best to explain everything to them 

5 hours ago, TINYTIDDYS said:

well that just told me everything i needed to know cause it was a adult couch but sitting close to a adult avatar  yes i will do my best to explain everything to them 

Sitting would not be a problem unless his picture also showed that the couch was an adult rated piece or your avatar engaged in an adult animation.  

For instance, the placement of avatars appearing to represent minors in proximity to "sex beds" or other sexualized graphics, objects, or scripts would violate our Community Standards.

7 hours ago, TINYTIDDYS said:

Unless the person who reported you tells you that they did (and even if someone did say that) you might not ever know who actually reported you - it's my understanding that Linden Lab does not tell you that information. 

Even if your land is private, that are some  behaviors that are still against the Terms and Conditions. 

Whatever other avatars you have on that account are irrelevant to a situation where your actions with one of your avatars are against the Terms and Conditions. 

They do expect that people will, hopefully, at least skim through the Terms and Conditions when they click the button to accept them.  The more that you have invested in SL - land, business, multiple avatars, large inventories - the more it is in one's best interest to at least scan through the Terms and Conditions, if not fully read through them.

• Like 1

Sitting would not be a problem unless his picture also showed that the couch was an adult rated piece or your avatar engaged in an adult animation.  

Doesn't have to, no. Teen avatars can't even be in proximity to adult furniture even if they're not sitting on it. If that couch contains adult animations, that's a violation regardless of whether those animations were in use or not. 

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Doesn't have to, no. Teen avatars can't even be in proximity to adult furniture even if they're not sitting on it. If that couch contains adult animations, that's a violation regardless of whether those animations were in use or not. 

Which is why I posted from the official wiki, also.  Technically, it is against the rules but unless the person making the complaint included the piece of furniture's info in the picture, not easily proved and why there might have been more than sitting involved.  

11 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

I'm surprised nobody commented on the skin photoshoot thing, because he was most likely only in a swimsuit/underwear at best. This would not go well with everything else.

The entire thing is beyond questionable.  Even the name chosen for their new avatar.  Which, it seems, may have been banned, too since it's showing now as unavailable.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.