FULL PERMISSION EVENTS OR WEBSITE

Curvidiva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello am not sure if this is the right forum to post but am trying to find a full permission events or website for my creation...i Sspecialize in handbag and accessories...but there not alot of bags on marketplace accessories i can find  just not bags 

6 hours ago, Curvidiva said:

Hello am not sure if this is the right forum to post but am trying to find a full permission events or website for my creation...i Sspecialize in handbag and accessories...but there not alot of bags on marketplace accessories i can find  just not bags 

You just missed one.  Might be a group to join for info on the next one.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Curvidiva said:

While there have been quite a few in the past, they are dwindling. The full perm market is generally down (this from friends as well as comments on this forum).  Most likely this is because people can now upload mesh from the web legally (no longer against the TOS).   AFAIK there are no longer any monthly events for full perm folks (again, there were in the past). So just putting your things on the Marketplace is likely the best you can do and hope that anyone having an event will contact you.   

Old Europe is the longest running Full Perm Fair that I know about. Here is there webpage and maybe you can contact someone there. 

https://oldeuropevillage.blogspot.com/2020/09/the-fall-full-perm-fair-top-creators.html

• Thanks 1

There is another full perm event, the B2B Market, it is on right now. https://theb2bmarketsl.wordpress.com/gallery-feb-2021/

There are also a couple of groups in world that you can use to promote your full perm creations, announcing when new things are released. Merchant Resource Central and The Full Perm. There may be others too.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

There is another full perm event, the B2B Market, it is on right now. https://theb2bmarketsl.wordpress.com/gallery-feb-2021/

There are also a couple of groups in world that you can use to promote your full perm creations, announcing when new things are released. Merchant Resource Central and The Full Perm. There may be others too.

Thank you  Stephanie I will join them thanks alot 

Hello there!!

A great friend and I are actually getting the ball rolling on a brand new shopping event SPECIFICALLY for featuring designers who support creativity with modifiable content! We've shared the same frustrations with no-mod content, so we decided to try to do something about it! No-mod content isn't allowed, everything for sale at the event MUST come with mod permissions, including previous releases for sale at the event. We're hoping this event will spark some changes across the grid, and open more residents eyes to the need for modifiable products.

The event's name is [Mod]ify, and we'd love to have you join us!

Our first event is set to open up in May, and we're actually still recruiting designers and bloggers! 

If you'd like to apply as a designer or blogger, you can do so here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScOajymkUml0nmcZyl46oiu7epZNdShG7tuk3OIRegynPSiXA/viewform

We've also got a Discord server, open to both shoppers and staff. This is the best place to stay up to date on the news about our event. https://discord.com/invite/h9V3XURYer

Hope to see you there ♥ Feel free to pass those links around, all are welcome.

Modify_-_Square_Ad.png

Edited by KatyJlol
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KatyJlol said:

Hello there!!

A great friend and I are actually getting the ball rolling on a brand new shopping event SPECIFICALLY for featuring designers who support creativity with modifiable content!

That sounds great but I have two questions. Is it aimed mainly at clothing and such as most events seem to be? And are you talking about modifiable content or full perm cotnent as the OP asked about?

Edited by ChinRey

12 hours ago, ChinRey said:

That sounds great but I have two questions. Is it aimed mainly at clothing and such as most events seem to be? And are you talking about modifiable content or full perm cotnent as the OP asked about?

Hello!

I'm on board as one of the designers and as far as I can tell it is pretty open with the main condition being that the items at this fair are copy/mod. They do not (as far as I know) require  FP and also if there are scripts that come with the item, there is no condition on them having to be M/C either. It's quite an interesting event and I'm looking forward to participating! Hope to see you there too!

On 2/12/2021 at 9:57 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Most likely this is because people can now upload mesh from the web legally (no longer against the TOS). 

Really? I didn't know that rule changed. I know that certain sites where you can buy 3D models (like TurboSquid) do not allow you to use their models on Second Life. However, does this mean that if theoretically if a site allows uploads of their 3D models that they can be uploaded to Second Life? I also don't know where people would get 3D models that would be appropriate for Second Life. I might have been looking at only free resources, but most models I find are garbage. Most of the time, I find things that would almost require as much work to fix as it would to be to start from scratch. Things like objects that are too high poly, yet still have weird topology with triangles.

Edited by Pirschjaeger Fassbinder
I have OCD and I didn't like that I put an extra blank line in the quote section.

3 minutes ago, Pirschjaeger Fassbinder said:

. I might have been looking at only free resources, but most models I find are garbage. Most of the time, I find things that would almost require as much work to fix as it would to be to start from scratch. Things like objects that are too high poly, yet still have weird topology with triangles.

Yes. Most models you get from 3D sites are mostly useful as guidance in making SL models. You can bring them into Blender or Maya and start drawing your own lower-complexity model on top of them, leaving out unnecessary details.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.