You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Nikita Neuman said:

But you know what the Program POSER 3D is? Huh?

I had POSER 3D a long Time and those Mesh Models are of Ultra High Polygons, so you wont find the tinyest Edge on Breasts, Butt or Ellbows, Curves Face,Head!

As i had POSER 3D i tryed to upload one Model as a Mesh Body, the Li would have blown up the SIM, it was about more than 150.000 Li, now you can imagine how many Polygons such a 3D Model from POSER 3D has!

And thats not all, even Hollywood use such POSER 3D Models already for Animated Movies, the newest Games like Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Detroit become Human etc.

I can show ya another Compare, that looks for me Taste High Definition. That´s from Detroit become Human, i cant imagine that any Avatar can keep up with this Real looking Persons!

Android Kara and Alice.jpg

Video game cutscenes are not real time rendering. Animated movies take entire banks of computers months to render. You want to wait three days to move a few steps across a parcel?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

There is no intra-avatar collision handing and collision detection between avatars and other objects is terribly crude, working only on bounding boxes. The SL servers are oblivious to joint positions. Animation/pose creators must pick joint positions that will work with a wide range of avatar shapes, from stick thin supermodels to thigh-gapped sumo-wrestlers. Over the years, I've reduced the size of my avatar to more accurately reflect my RL height. The result has been that animations and poses don't seem as pleasing to me as in my early days here.

Now that I have a partner, couples poses/animations are once again of interest to me. They're crap. Fortunately Nicole and I are both capable of real-time Photoshopping with our minds. I'd love to see intra/inter avatar collision detection that worked with actual geometry, not bounding boxes. I won't hold my breath.

My av height in FS is 5.89 feet, just under 5' 9". In RL I'm just a hair over 5' 4" (in socks, without socks I'm 5' 4" lol). So for me to make mine more accurately reflect my height in SL... yeah, you know.

Not holding my breath either.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
9 hours ago, Nikita Neuman said:

We are now in the 21st Century, technological we are so far, that we could do almost everything, so ... i asked myself, this---->

Why is it not possible for Linden Lab, to give us such Avatars in HD, like the Girl from POSER below i added?

When you all take a Minute and look to those Breath taking Forms and Perfection, also Beautyness, a Dream would become true, if everyone of us could have such Avatars.

Now i ask all of you, will it be possible in the near Future, that we can have such Bodys instead of the Standard we must use now?

Also look at her POSE, there is everything like it should be by a normal Person, the Hand correct on her Hips, in SL Poses, mostly Hands stick in Mesh Clothes or like Animare, you cant work to 100% exact, sadly!

Tysm all

Melissa The Genesis Order.png

She looks made of wax or plastic, but more like life size figurines at the Hollywood Wax Museum.

As far as the movements and the arms looking more realistic, I think that looks pretty darn good.  The legs look a bit weird or cartoonish to me and not like Legacy at all, or perhaps one is just turned in weird.

I often wonder what avatars will look in 10 years or so.  

We're pushing it now with Legacy at nearly 1 million polygons.  

What I'd like to really to know if we could have in the future the ability to derender all items that aren't ours, then the lag in our house would be gone.  

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

Ignoring the shape, which is already possible in SL (no matter what you think of it), the render quality is the real issue. Poser and similar rendering software isn't the same as gaming software.

Like it or not, technically SL is a game and has to operate the same way. Real time simulation and rendering at a reasonable framerate has to sacrifice texture size and polygons.

So, why can't we have it all? I'm willing to invest whatever is necessary to have a better SL experience. All that I am lacking is the willingness and ability of LL to provide it. I have a fiber connection to the internet and a very capable computer. Neither of those upgrades made a bit of difference in SL's performance because the limitation wasn't on my end. The limitation is on LL's end. Why won't LL, for a fee, provide better performance? I am so effing tired of logging on and waiting, and waiting some more, for textures to rez.I am tired of so much more poor performance.

I know this stuff is complicated and that a simpleminded person like me probably can't understand, but why can't LL give me better performance when I would gladly pay more for it?

Edited by Jennifer Boyle
typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I would be happy if LL could just update the system avatar eliminate the well-known shortcomings. This could be done seamlessly, with textures still fitting the same and shape staying the same, so you log in one day and, if you still use a system avatar (like I do), it will look a bit better. They could also add a few more sliders to the shape editor to give an even more "infinite" variety.  [Yes, I know there aren't degrees of infinity, but you know what I mean!] And while they're at it, maybe LL could make the system avatar work with bento.

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

So, why can't we have it all? I'm willing to invest whatever is necessary to have a better SL experience.

I know this stuff is complicated and that a simpleminded person like me probably can't understand, but why can't LL give me better performance when I would gladly pay more for it?

If you fully understand what's being done here ( video ), you'll understand the complexity of your request better :

ETA : Basing my answer on statements made that 'everything would need to be rewritten from scratch'.

Edited by TDD123
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I had to re-read that twice before I realized you were not saying "how close to round I am".

Or... was that a Freudian Slip? 🤭

It's just that I like to say I'm around 5' tall..  Now that my oldest is making me the third  tallest in the house, I'm getting a little complex about it.. hehehe

I should have known he was gonna be a quick grower.. He was 24 inches when he was born.. He hit the ground running in the tall department..

They're all gonna be tall!! \o/

It was good while it lasted.

• Like 1
On 2/12/2021 at 7:32 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Wonder how bad the render weight would be on that thing.

It could probably be done with lower render weight that some of the existing SL mesh bodies have.

On 2/12/2021 at 8:40 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

By SL standards, she'd have T-Rex arms, big euters, wide hips ... alright, that would cater to a pretty large user base...  and uberlong toes.

Looking at the photo in the original post:

• Arms too short: Check
  • Backbreakingly big euters (assuming that's some obscure word for a woman's bosom): Check
  • Unrealistically wide hips: Oh yeah!
  • Uberlong toes: Unconfirmed, take off her shoes and let's see

Three out of four ain't bad and she may have a perfect score for what we can see. She'd fit right into SL.

(Edit: I'm not in any way critizising or complaining. I'm just pointing out the fact that the Poser model is no more "realistic" in proportions than a typical SL avi. But realism is overrated in virtual reality anyway.)

Edited by ChinRey

Cause so many complain about big Breasts, in Real Life we say, well, thats Mother Nature gave us real big Breasts or she gave us tiny Boobies, why all complain in SL always naaa that Size is 100% Ugly, there are Elite Models Real with big Breasts, Actresses and Por......stars, and you can bet, many of them are very beautyfull and sexy.

What you said about Animare, i got that too, and what is the bad Side on it One Hand you can rotate to 64 and the other only to 32, i mean, come on and as soon as you bend the Handpalm too much down or up, your Handpose looks like you r a Monster. Animare gets fast to his Borders, in possibilities!

10 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

dTpPltn3Yq.jpg.44bbbf7bd068e264474b256c6dd9b40a.jpg

Unless those toecaps are solid, as in "filled", you'd have to assume that her toes actually go down to the front of of that shoe.

Now having those toes shown on the middle of the foot would make for rather long ones.

Lillith, but i got with my Inithium Kupra Body and Original Feet from the same in Oushk High Heels the same Look, that you see a bit the Toelines.

Later i zoomed deep in into the Heels and saw, that the Heels were much bigger than my Toes can reach the end.

2 hours ago, Nikita Neuman said:

Ugly, there are Elite Models Real with big Breasts, Actresses and Por......stars, and you can bet, many of them are very beautyfull and sexy.

Umm... Porsche stars? 🤔

19 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

So, why can't we have it all? I'm willing to invest whatever is necessary to have a better SL experience. All that I am lacking is the willingness and ability of LL to provide it. I have a fiber connection to the internet and a very capable computer. Neither of those upgrades made a bit of difference in SL's performance because the limitation wasn't on my end. The limitation is on LL's end. Why won't LL, for a fee, provide better performance? I am so effing tired of logging on and waiting, and waiting some more, for textures to rez.I am tired of so much more poor performance.

Because like I said, it's just not possible. Even on an i9-10900K and a GTX 3070, rendering content made for cutscenes and movies would take you hours just to walk a few steps, no matter what LL does. That's just not within the realm of possibility. That stuff is all pre-rendered and recorded before you watch it.

Now, things that can be done have to be done by content creators as much as LL. Even if LL suddenly got an influx of money and competence and fixed the engine, viewer, and server code, the only way we're going to reduce lag at this point is to delete everything on the grid and enforce strict standards on what creators can upload. All the top body and clothing creators gotta go.

Edited by Paul Hexem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/14/2021 at 1:01 AM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Yeah, Kupra has some of the ugliest toes anyway...

And what i saw until now by every Skin Designer, the Skin on the Toes, no matter what Mesh Body look weird, dark traces mixed with the seam of the Skin.

I dont know why non of them get that perfectly done, so my Toes dont look like i dip them in Chocolate or mud.

• Haha 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.