Would that be possible in Future on SL?

Nikita Neuman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We are now in the 21st Century, technological we are so far, that we could do almost everything, so ... i asked myself, this---->

Why is it not possible for Linden Lab, to give us such Avatars in HD, like the Girl from POSER below i added?

When you all take a Minute and look to those Breath taking Forms and Perfection, also Beautyness, a Dream would become true, if everyone of us could have such Avatars.

Now i ask all of you, will it be possible in the near Future, that we can have such Bodys instead of the Standard we must use now?

Also look at her POSE, there is everything like it should be by a normal Person, the Hand correct on her Hips, in SL Poses, mostly Hands stick in Mesh Clothes or like Animare, you cant work to 100% exact, sadly!

Tysm all

Melissa The Genesis Order.png

Edited by Nikita Neuman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Nikita Neuman said:

We are now in the 21st Century, technological we are so far, that we could do almost everything, so ... i asked myself, this---->

Why is it not possible for Linden Lab, to give us such Avatars in HD, like the Girl from POSER below i added?

When you all take a Minute and look to those Breath taking Forms and Perfection, also Beautyness, a Dream would become true, if everyone of us could have such Avatars.

Now i ask all of you, will it be possible in the near Future, that we can have such Bodys instead of the Standard we must use now?

Also look at her POSE, there is everything like it should be by a normal Person, the Hand correct on her Hips, in SL Poses, mostly Hands stick in Mesh Clothes or like Animare, you cant work to 100% exact, sadly!

Tysm all

sorry but what exactly is Breath taking Forms and Perfection in that?.. perhaps after photoshoppng for a day on a real pic? .. it's not more real than the current sl female ( compared to REAL women)

• Like 4

Ignoring the shape, which is already possible in SL (no matter what you think of it), the render quality is the real issue. Poser and similar rendering software isn't the same as gaming software.

Like it or not, technically SL is a game and has to operate the same way. Real time simulation and rendering at a reasonable framerate has to sacrifice texture size and polygons.

• Like 6

Just now, Paul Hexem said:

Ignoring the shape, which is already possible in SL (no matter what you think of it), the render quality is the real issue. Poser and similar rendering software isn't the same as gaming software.

Like it or not, technically SL is a game and has to operate the same way. Real time simulation and rendering at a reasonable framerate has to sacrifice texture size and polygons.

Yes, this was my thought. I don't think either the textures nor the mesh are vastly better than what is currently available in SL. And in terms of poses, if you're willing to take the time with a poser HUD, or the poser in Black Dragon, you can get just as good as these.

It's the rendering that's the issue. And maybe materials?

• Like 1

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

In this case, I'm not beholding. 

There is literally nothing I find breathtaking or beautiful about that pic, the model, the pose, any of it. If you like it, that's awesome, but not everyone is going to agree. Most of what you see there in the pic can be achieved in sl as it is, including poses that work right. The things you can't achieve as easily, you can in at least in photos of sl, which is pretty much what that is...a photo, lol, and nearly any photo of anything in sl can be made to look more realistic by someone with the knowledge and skill to do so. Although most people probably won't see what you do, even if you could achieve that, graphics/systems/etc.. varying as much as they do between people. 

• Like 2

But you know what the Program POSER 3D is? Huh?

I had POSER 3D a long Time and those Mesh Models are of Ultra High Polygons, so you wont find the tinyest Edge on Breasts, Butt or Ellbows, Curves Face,Head!

As i had POSER 3D i tryed to upload one Model as a Mesh Body, the Li would have blown up the SIM, it was about more than 150.000 Li, now you can imagine how many Polygons such a 3D Model from POSER 3D has!

And thats not all, even Hollywood use such POSER 3D Models already for Animated Movies, the newest Games like Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Detroit become Human etc.

I can show ya another Compare, that looks for me Taste High Definition. That´s from Detroit become Human, i cant imagine that any Avatar can keep up with this Real looking Persons!

Android Kara and Alice.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

In this case, I'm not beholding. 

There is literally nothing I find breathtaking or beautiful about that pic, the model, the pose, any of it. If you like it, that's awesome, but not everyone is going to agree. Most of what you see there in the pic can be achieved in sl as it is, including poses that work right. The things you can't achieve as easily, you can in at least in photos of sl, which is pretty much what that is...a photo, lol, and nearly any photo of anything in sl can be made to look more realistic by someone with the knowledge and skill to do so. Although most people probably won't see what you do, even if you could achieve that, graphics/systems/etc.. varying as much as they do between people. 

Uhm, her Pose is 100% correct, in SL most Poses Arms stick in Body or in Mesh Clothes and even Legs stick into each other and such Poses, like the new Image i show you, you can never reach with an Ordinary ANIMARE!

• Haha 1

The most glaring difference between Poser and SL is... posing. Poser has collision detection, which prevents the most egregious failing of SL animation, the plunging of our body parts into each other and our surroundings.

I'm all in favor of solving that problem. Everything else you've mentioned is, I think, already here.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Nikita Neuman said:

Tysm all

Considering the "original" avatars (not the very first ones that were prims) were Poser characters (Ruth) and LL was able to obtain it for free since it was no longer in use for Poser, LL could conceivably work a deal and get updated avatars. I think it's a shame (and a sham) that LL has never done so and never will because they are not willing to go to that expense. ☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes, this was my thought. I don't think either the textures nor the mesh are vastly better than what is currently available in SL. And in terms of poses, if you're willing to take the time with a poser HUD, or the poser in Black Dragon, you can get just as good as these.

It's the rendering that's the issue. And maybe materials?

*perks* Poser HUD?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

The most glaring difference between Poser and SL is... posing. Poser has collision detection, which prevents the most egregious failing of SL animation, the plunging of our body parts into each other and our surroundings.

I'm all in favor of solving that problem. Everything else you've mentioned is, I think, already here.

There's another problem with poses (and ao animations) where the pose has the hand 4 - 6 "inches" out from the hip where the hand is supposed to be resting and that sort of thing. I'm not making my avatar weigh 200lbs to compensate for such things. I shouldn't have to. 

I think this kind of thing is what the OP is getting at.

22 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

There's another problem with poses (and ao animations) where the pose has the hand 4 - 6 "inches" out from the hip where the hand is supposed to be resting and that sort of thing. I'm not making my avatar weigh 200lbs to compensate for such things. I shouldn't have to. 

I think this kind of thing is what the OP is getting at.

Hands are posed out from the hip to avoid collisions with unknown body shapes. Collision handling would allow creators to set the target hand position inside the body. The pose would automatically stop when the hand reached the hip, regardless of body size. I have no reason to believe SL will ever handle this.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

*perks* Poser HUD?

Well, in addition the built-in poser in Black Dragon (which is amazing), there are two commercial ones I know of: Anypose, and Animare. Both do roughly the same thing, although the former is both more expensive and a bit more powerful. Both, however,, are a bit clunky: the increments by which they move or adjust body parts (based on the avatar skeleton) are not as granular as one might wish. And neither does Bento (although you can use Anypose in conjunction with a hand poser, the name of which I've forgotten for the moment).

And for facial expressions and poses, NOTHING is better than the LeLutka Axis HUD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Hands are posed out from the hip to avoid collisions with unknown body shapes. Collision handling would allow creators to set the target hand position inside the body. The pose would automatically stop when the hand reached the hip, regardless of body size. I have no reason to believe SL will ever handle this.

Yes but not that far out. If it was just this |    | far it wouldn't bother me but it's not. It's more like this |                      | far. It is very noticeable. 

I don't disagree with the rest.

I don't know if what I am seeing is due to the animation creator using a body that is much wider hipped and/or just much larger than mine in general or if it's the fault of the collision handling. It's something I've been trying to ignore for years (before mesh bodies) so I've been assuming it's the collision handling. But! Maybe I'm wrong? I do have an understanding of how collision/collision boxes/handling works but it's pretty basic. At least, I hope it isn't rudimentary. lol

41 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I don't know if what I am seeing is due to the animation creator using a body that is much wider hipped and/or just much larger than mine in general or if it's the fault of the collision handling.

There is no intra-avatar collision handing and collision detection between avatars and other objects is terribly crude, working only on bounding boxes. The SL servers are oblivious to joint positions. Animation/pose creators must pick joint positions that will work with a wide range of avatar shapes, from stick thin supermodels to thigh-gapped sumo-wrestlers. Over the years, I've reduced the size of my avatar to more accurately reflect my RL height. The result has been that animations and poses don't seem as pleasing to me as in my early days here.

Now that I have a partner, couples poses/animations are once again of interest to me. They're crap. Fortunately Nicole and I are both capable of real-time Photoshopping with our minds. I'd love to see intra/inter avatar collision detection that worked with actual geometry, not bounding boxes. I won't hold my breath.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.