Second Life Statistics: Mesh Bodies

Nethya Emor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 8/11/2021 at 9:56 PM, Vanity Fair said:

MEN: Signature Gianni, Belleza Jake, Meshbody Legacy, Niramyth Aesthetic, Altamura (free and paid), plus a bunch of freebie and dollarbie mesh bodies over the years. I’ve also used EXMACHINA (free and paid), but it’s hard to find clothing for them. 

It's been a long time since I heard Exmachina Davide mentioned. I got the paid one for an alt (it was half the cost of Slink or Gianni and included a nice head too) and it's hands-down my favourite male body of all. I'd have bought one for myself if anyone had ever made clothes for it. I've had some success with clothing made for Slink and TMP, but it's hit or miss. It's too slim to fit Gianni or Jake clothing.

I've also tried Gianni, Geralt and Jake, and the Legacy freebie. Jake would be my favourite of those three, if only it was properly updated to BOM, ditched the onion layers, added a hand AO and updated the neck fits.

My girls between them have tried Maitreya, Freya, Hourglass, the Lucybody freebie and both Kalhene bodies. Erika is an excellent substitute for both Hourglass and Freya. Analexa is almost there as a sub for Maitreya; if it adds the features that have been added to Erika (especially the updated neck fit and tintable nips) it will be a serious contender. Lucybody is great for alts or for anyone on a very tight budget but it is by no means a smooth body.

• Like 4

On 3/19/2021 at 6:30 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

One thing to note is that among all the popular bodies out there - they all have a lot of 'smooth curves'. Be they slim like Maitreya or extreme like Kupra. They all seem to fit what you find when you see those clickbait website links with titles like '20 things prefer in women'... And slink... doesn't. Slink feels like the 'soviet woman' in comparison. And not the real Russian women, but the western stereotype in propaganda films that always seemed to be named 'Olga' and have a mean look... At least, that was my mental thought everytime I demo'd it. Various "In Communist Russia, Car drives you" jokes kept popping into my head...

You've pinpointed exactly what has been bothering me about Hourglass, and I didn't even notice it until I got Erika. And now I have Erika, I can't unsee all those sharp pointy angles in Hourglass. I've been trying somewhat unsuccessfully to thicken the waist and all it does is show up those triangles. I'll probably still use Hourglass on and off until I have enough clothes for Erika, but yeah, it's like comparing a Lada with a Porsche. And I am totally gonna call my Hourglass body "Olga" now. :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.