New last names

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

Oh, I learned a new foreign word today! In my native language (Japanese), it means like or love. But if I change my last name to Suki I will just say I am Russian lol

in Russian thr word Suki sounds like b*itches if we write Russian word with english letters. :) 

also just in my opinion Bunny fits you good 🥰

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Panteleeva said:

also just in my opinion Bunny fits you good 🥰

I am considering it for an alt who has a very cutesy-wutesy style, as for my main I am hoping LL will not retire Ichibara soon. When translated in Japanese it means “First / Finest Rose.” I want to pass it on to my tweenster and toddledoo kids but that would be at least $80 just for vanity >.<

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Katt Dragoone said:

Today some of the older last name options were removed and the following new ones were added:
Orlando
Incognito
Nebula
Knickers
Aviator
Bunny
Blackwood
Darkheart
Amore
Suki
Venus
Evergarden
Caboose
Dakota
Absinthe

Some good ones there, though nothing that appeals to me enough to want to spend another $40 (I already changed mine from the last list)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Where can we go to suggest names to LL.... 

There currently isn't anywhere official. But that doesn't mean there won't be another contest in the future.

Maybe. If they run out of names already suggested.

No-one here can make it happen, but you can maximise your chances by following the forums regularly.

2 hours ago, Katt Dragoone said:

I've wanted to change mine for awhile now but Dragoone seems to be extremely rare. I've only met 1 other. IF LL did put a name I considered worthy lol, I may change it. So far, No.

Search does show quite some with your last name, but think most left for long time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

as last resort :)  but quite expensive... $ 1000 in the first year and $ 500 for the years following  ..
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Custom_Name_Program

Except that in this case, the name has to be the name of a RL business that you own and you have to be able to use the Registration API on your own company website.

Last names must clearly be an organizational or corporate name, and distinguished from personal last names (surnames). For example, "Smith" is not acceptable, but "SmithCorp," "SmithInc," "SmithProducts" or "SmithConstruction" are. Linden Lab will consider names that are clearly made up or composite (for example, "SecondLife" or "Agilent").

To create additional accounts, the custom surname owner must apply for and use the Registration API. You may create as many additional accounts as you need (the initial limit is 500 per day, but you may request a higher limit).

On 2/11/2021 at 12:08 AM, Katt Dragoone said:

What do you think of the list? I'm waiting for someone to be Fluffy Bunny 😂

Today some of the older last name options were removed and the following new ones were added:
Orlando
Incognito
Nebula
Knickers
Aviator
Bunny
Blackwood
Darkheart
Amore
Suki
Venus
Evergarden
Caboose
Dakota
Absinthe

Seems my "Darkheart" request was deemed favorable at the last Web meeting I had with LL.

My husband has an older AV (old like mine) but with mesh he is using a way newer one now, and hes totally waiting on a nice last name for the newer one, but so far none have been to his liking xD Picky XD

To bad that there is no option, of paying for taking the last name of your partner or stuff like that...but then some people would have a new last name every week XD

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.