2 things I need help with...

Nikole Messmer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 - probably super easy and I"m probably just dumb for not seeing it on mp already.... but i want a sim-wide radar that has total count, standard names (not display), distance, if they're sat/typing/running/etc, and to show at least like 18-20 in the list. color of the text doesnt matter really. would be super great if it announced chat range enters but also not necessary since viewer settings can do that. here's a picture of what i'm after. my current one is part of a far bigger hud and I don't use a single thing in it, so i'm trying to cut down script use with a new radar. https://gyazo.com/ab083e32d0ac222ad964d3955dc26c23

2 - i'm trying to get an avatar-attached object to float/bob in the air but I'm failing miserably lol. i tried to put in a mp-bought script and when rezzed it will bob up and down like i want but once i add the object to my avatar center from inventory, it sits WAY off to the left of me, I cant reposition it (it bounces right back where it was) and it doesnt bob at all. maybe i need a special kind of script?

Your first thing seems rather doable, but I can't imagine there isn't something like that floating around somewhere already.

as for number 2, you need a different kind of script for floating attachments than for stand alone objects I'm afraid. It's rather simple but you could try something like:

integer LINK=LINK_ALL_OTHERS; // link number of prims to float.
float step_length = 0.003;
integer step_count = 3;
float wait = 0.2;
float pause = 0.4;
/* end configurable options*/

integer up;
{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetTimerEvent((wait*step_count)+pause);
    }
    timer()
    {
        if(up)
        {   integer Index=0;
            while(++Index<=step_count)
            {
                llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK,[PRIM_POS_LOCAL,<0,0,Index*step_length>]);
                llSleep(wait);
            }   
            up=FALSE;
        }else
        {   integer Index=step_count;
            while(--Index>=0)
            {
                llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK,[PRIM_POS_LOCAL,<0,0,Index*step_length>]);
                llSleep(wait);
            }   
            up=TRUE;
        }
    }
}

put in an invisible prim linked as the root prim of your object.

Edited by Quistessa
Found minor error, and don't want to publicly embarras myself :P

13 hours ago, Nikole Messmer said:

personal preference. i like the transparent list in my corner showing all the things mentioned. To my knowledge viewers dont have that; its just the "people" window which is big and obtrusive. 

That's fair. Sorry it took a while, I got distracted with other stuff and fell asleep:

The script below will show as many closest avatars as will fit in the hovertext (254 characters) and they'll be in the format "Wulfie Reanimator (12m)".

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetTimerEvent(5);
    }

timer()
    {
        list    avatars = llGetAgentList(AGENT_LIST_REGION, []);
        integer list_length = llGetListLength(avatars);

list    sorted_avatars;

key     avatar_key;
        vector  avatar_position;
        integer avatar_distance;

vector  my_position = llGetPos();
        key     my_key = llGetOwner();

// Calculate the distance for each avatar in the sim.
        // Add them into a list in the format [distance, name]
        integer i;
        for (i = 0; i < list_length; ++i)
        {
            avatar_key = llList2Key(avatars, i);
            if (avatar_key != my_key)
            {
                avatar_position = llList2Vector(llGetObjectDetails(avatar_key, (list)OBJECT_POS), 0);
                avatar_distance = llCeil(llVecDist(my_position, avatar_position));
                sorted_avatars += [avatar_distance, llKey2Name(avatar_key)];
            }
        }

// Actually sort the avatars.
        sorted_avatars = llListSort(sorted_avatars, 2, TRUE);
        list_length = llGetListLength(sorted_avatars);

string  display;
        string  new_line;
        string  avatar_name;

// Create a string for each avatar.
        // If the string doesn't exceed the max length of llSetText,
        // add the avatar to the final display-string.
        for (i = 0; i < list_length; i += 2)
        {
            avatar_distance = llList2Integer(sorted_avatars, i);
            avatar_name = llList2String(sorted_avatars, i + 1);
            new_line = avatar_name + " (" + (string)avatar_distance + "m)";

if (llStringLength(display) + llStringLength(new_line) <= 254)
            {
                display += new_line + "\n";
            }
            else
            {
                jump loop_end;
            }
        } @loop_end;

// Show the final list of avatars.
        llSetText(display, <1,1,1>, 1);
    }
}

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quistessa said:

You could also add a call in there to http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlGetAgentInfo  to get the flying/running/walking state. but I'm a tad lazy.

i do want the state to show as well.... is it hard to add? i have no idea how. 

8 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

That's fair. Sorry it took a while, I got distracted with other stuff and fell asleep:

The script below will show as many closest avatars as will fit in the hovertext (254 characters) and they'll be in the format "Wulfie Reanimator (12m)".

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS ❤️

Edited by Nikole Messmer

actually this script is not working.... it might be something to do with the character count limitation. if there was a way to have it not ay "resident" on the names that might help. and add the line for the sitting/typing/etc status. then it might be perfect. my radar now shows the nearest 20 in the list, but this script shows only like 6 of 18 on-sim. 

13 minutes ago, Nikole Messmer said:

actually this script is not working.... it might be something to do with the character count limitation. if there was a way to have it not ay "resident" on the names that might help. and add the line for the sitting/typing/etc status. then it might be perfect. my radar now shows the nearest 20 in the list, but this script shows only like 6 of 18 on-sim. 

Yeah, the character count is the biggest limitation. Having it show more info (or more names in general) would require something a bit more complicated with multiple prims set up in a specific way, which is harder to share here on the forum. I might make a more complete version (it's not difficult, just tedious), but I can't promise anything right now.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

1 minute ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Yeah, the character count is the biggest limitation. Having it show more info (or more names in general) would require something a big more complicated with multiple prims set up in a specific way, which is harder to share here on the forum. I might make a more complete version (it's not difficult, just tedious), but I can't promise anything right now.

I'm not entirely sure, but i might have forgotten to say this is meant to be a hud not a rezzed object. if that makes any difference. like in this photo.. https://gyazo.com/7267b92c02fe42bd6e2e20a6da7dafcc

10 minutes ago, Nikole Messmer said:

I'm not entirely sure, but i might have forgotten to say this is meant to be a hud not a rezzed object. if that makes any difference. like in this photo.. https://gyazo.com/7267b92c02fe42bd6e2e20a6da7dafcc

Yep, I understood that from the first picture. HUDs are still made up of prims/objects, which is what hovertext is attached to.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.