Stop signing me out!

LordHappycat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, LordHappycat said:

Geez, is another new feature LL put in to annoy users with? Just kicking you off whenever when it used to be you can go as long as you like signed in? Even the 'Remember Me' button is useless.

This may be why

On 2/4/2021 at 10:12 AM, Keira Linden said:

We have been taking steps to implement a Single Sign On process across all of Second Life’s web pages.  I wanted to make sure you were all aware of this so that if you get logged out of a web page and wonder why, this may be the culprit.  In the past, it has been possible to be logged into one page with one account and logged into another page with a different account.  Going forward, you will only need to log in one time to access all web pages with one account at a time.  

If you have any difficulty logging in or making changes to your account, a quick clearing of your browser cookies and/or cache should resolve any issues.  Please contact our fabulous Support team if need additional assistance after taking those steps. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 7:25 PM, LordHappycat said:

Geez, is another new feature LL put in to annoy users with? Just kicking you off whenever when it used to be you can go as long as you like signed in? Even the 'Remember Me' button is useless.

Do you know what session cookies are? they do expire and then you have to login for it to auth a new token for the cookie/session so it stays logged in.    Also what rowan below posted is happening too at some point.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.