Internet data consumption for SL?

xxVi3perxx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello I have a question I am on a limited internet package deal and I am wondering how much data per hour does Second Life consume? I spend at least 4-5 hours a day on SL if I am working on things or visiting different places. I have Mediacom package 300MBPS speed and 2,000 GB of GB allowance if anyone has the information to give me on what SL GB usage is provided per viewer.

You can look at your own usage in Windows (Settings -> Network & Internet -> Data Usage -> View Usage per App) and see how much data your viewer has used. You can reset this first, let a week go by, then see what you've used. You'll find a separate report for SL plugin, but this will be very small in comparison.  Only then will you know what you typically use.

I don't know how other operating systems present this sort of information, sorry.

• Like 2

Odaks has pointed you to your best source of information.

On the page showing all the apps using up bandwidth is a place to enter your data limit. Which in your case is a ridiculously high limit, 2,000GB... That is two terabytes. Are you sure you didn't mean 2GB? I think this is a more typical limit.

If you set a limit in Windows, it just warns you you are close, at, and then over the limit. It doesn't stop or slow you.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Like 2

A typical modern region with lot of mesh, textures, sounds takes around 450 MB on download first time visited, this will be smaller next time you visit, when things are in the cache.

I think the minimum Mediacom offers, is 200 GB!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.