What do you do in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 64 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Quistessa said:

What's simboarding?

Basically skateboarding with a hoverboard. Used to be a thing ages ago with competions and stuff. Uses the physics pretty well - most of the fun is learning to do tricks like flicks and spins! :D

• Like 1

I shop a whole lot. I dress my avatar. Then I dress my alts. We go dancing at clubs, listen to live performers, visit art galleries. I am also a blues club  host, and I do advertising for the club. That's work, though, and not what I intended to do in SL. 

I go to virtual church at First UCC SL and I acquire land and build out the sim. I have built a coffee shop, a public campground and a housing subdivision with a public beach. I sell my extra gachas in my gacha store and the marketplace. I visit my friends to keep up with the latest gossip. I play card games when I am online alone...especially Blitz 31.

I like to discover new places and then take my hubby with me to play there. We have recently joined Drivers of SL and enjoy practicing our driving while exploring the roads, rails and waterways of the mainland. There is always something new to learn, so I also go to lectures and discussions and live SL theater.

So basically, I just goof off and mess around. 

Shop, hang out, participate of conversations when I’ve something to snark about say, develop friendships with the few who can tolerate a weirdo, go shopping with them (when they extract from me a promise that I won’t embarass them by clowning around too much), and help unsuspecting noobs.

On 6/28/2021 at 2:15 PM, SlammedSam said:

Largely spend time with family, partner and friends. Hang out and watch movies and videos. Sometimes even check out the Mystery Science Theater 3000 sim in SL, and hang out there. I also enjoy building, flying, and the odd bits of RPing, and DJing. Sometimes shop if there's something that catches my eye.

I had no idea there’s an MST3K sim, what’s on it?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RoyBlakeley said:

I had no idea there’s an MST3K sim, what’s on it?

They have a movie theather set up, and a screen and things where you can pick an MST3K movie by season. Pretty fun. Even has a group so you can see what movies they'll be playing. And even when there's no one there, you can start a movie yourself. Always fun times to be had! =D

10 hours ago, Tori Nova said:

mostly look for something to do and do nothing, and wish my partner was on more

I can relate to that as well. =(

• Thanks 1

Well today I spent hours fussing with my house, trying to get it just the way I want it, and to make it look like I live there, and that's been a challenge, especially when it comes to finding common objects that would be laying around where I live and bric-a-brac kinds of stuff to put  on tables and shelves. I can't figure out how to search Marketplace for things like that.

3 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Well today I spent hours fussing with my house, trying to get it just the way I want it, and to make it look like I live there, and that's been a challenge, especially when it comes to finding common objects that would be laying around where I live and bric-a-brac kinds of stuff to put  on tables and shelves. I can't figure out how to search Marketplace for things like that.

Apple Fall just had a sale but they have nice stuff like that.  You could look through this thread for ideas, too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AnnHerrick said:

Thanks Rowan, I'll have a look. I just did a search on decorative objects in Marketplace, and one that came up was a barrel of nuclear waste....er... no.

A category search (left side of the page) for 'home and garden'->'decor' on the mp brings up a lot of decorative things to put in your house. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search[category_id]=81&search[maturity][]=General&search[maturity][]=Moderate&search[page]=1&search[per_page]=12

lots of books and plants.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

A category search (left side of the page) for 'home and garden'->'decor' on the mp brings up a lot of decorative things to put in your house. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search[category_id]=81&search[maturity][]=General&search[maturity][]=Moderate&search[page]=1&search[per_page]=12

lots of books and plants.

I clicked on that link, and got

Authorization Failure

If you are having problems accessing the Marketplace, please visit support at https://support.secondlife.com.

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I got that also but when I tried the second time, it was fine.

Okay, I tried again and it worked. Thanks Rowan :)

OH, and it's all just the sorts of things I was looking for! Yipeee!

Edited by AnnHerrick
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 64 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.