Teleport crashing

Cyrene Price

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was getting constant TP crashes for a few months.... every 4 to 5 teleports I took I would crash. The past week or more it has been working fine. Now you went and broke it again, and worse than the first time around! Whatever you did, go back a week! Now I am crashing every second or third teleport I take. And any changes to worn items, from huds, etc reverts back and I have to change them all again.This is so frustrating! Any hints on how to stop it from happening?  Other than stay in one place the entire time of course.... 

Edited by Cyrene Price
Wanted to add something i missed

@Cyrene Price One maxim I have followed for years is that if I edit a worn item, I take it off and put it on again.  If you crash or get some disconnect, any changes to an item are not saved and when you relog the item will have reverted to the state it was it the last time it was attached.  That is how it works and while that won't prevent TP crashes happening (for whichever of the myriad reasons that can cause them) it WILL reduce the frustration of losing editing or modding work.  Attaching and reattaching the item means that its state is saved on the servers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, there are more TP crashes again, but this started very recently. Maybe just a day or too?

After the crash and logging back in, I always find myself back to the original point that I had previously logged in to. Even if I had gone to several places, before crashing. It is like I had never logged in or gone anywhere.

Only sometimes do I revert back to the original clothing, but @Aishagainthanks for the tip, I will try it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had Teleport crashing when I try to TP back to a place I have been during a session.  It shows its doing the TP but then stops and a few mins. later i get a dialog asking to quit or IM chat.   This has been going on for a month now and its getting to me. I would really love to know if theirs a fix for this issue.

Thank you all for any advice in advance

• 6 months later...

Update for this, which is STILL happening.  I have noticed that it is when teleporting to a sim I have already been to since my last crash that it happens. I can visit 20 new sims one after the other and it seems fine, but as soon as I try and return to one I have been to already, BAM. Crash. Any ideas what might be causing this issue?  Tired as hell of this bug now.

• Like 3

Most of the TP crashes I experience, are when I try to TP out of a very busy region. That is, one with a lot of people in it.

After a long wait for the TP to work, it stops, says TP failed, then I either have to log out, because further TP's wont work, or eventually, I get a crash/disconnect.

Oh and I don't have Malwarebytes installed.

Edited by Hani Morningstar
Additional comment

I get a TP disconnect almost every day, though sometimes can be lucky and get none for a couple of days. Whilst to/from a heavily loaded region does seem to be more likely to fail (one heavily loaded homestead seemed to fail approx. 1 in 3 times), some (apparently) lightly loaded regions fail too. 

At least i can warn people i'm about to disconnect as I know how to spot them -- they are pretty consistent in their behaviour: I see a number of objects disappear, but the teleport progress bar has no message. Friends don't see you go offline, they just see the online message -- in same way i can tell when friends have had one of these TP disconnects as i just see the online message without the corresponding offline message.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hani Morningstar said:

Oh and I don't have Malwarebytes installed.

Ah, yeah, AFAIK the Malwarebytes thing is unique to the problem @Cyrene Price describes of teleports failing only when returning to a region already visited during a login session. I see this thread is about teleport failures more generally, and I should have been more specific.

I do have Malwarebytes and I already have my SL app listed on there. Does it still do this even after doing this?  

As far as happening on busy sims, for me it doesn't matter. I can be around 30 people or by myself and I will still TP crash if I am returning to a previous TP point. 

6 hours ago, Cyrene Price said:

I do have Malwarebytes and I already have my SL app listed on there. Does it still do this even after doing this?  

As far as happening on busy sims, for me it doesn't matter. I can be around 30 people or by myself and I will still TP crash if I am returning to a previous TP point. 

Do you have it set up as I mentioned in this bug report.

https://gyazo.com/1fcbe0f4a8e04e770463fe2cc5e0a56c

This remedied my problem of crashing when teleporting back to a region I had previously been to.

18 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Do you have it set up as I mentioned in this bug report.

https://gyazo.com/1fcbe0f4a8e04e770463fe2cc5e0a56c

This remedied my problem of crashing when teleporting back to a region I had previously been to.

Thank you for trying to help :)  And yes, I have mine like that too. So I am stumped as to why it still does it. Or it's just not a Malwarebytes problem I am having. 😕

1 hour ago, Cyrene Price said:

Thank you for trying to help :)  And yes, I have mine like that too. So I am stumped as to why it still does it. Or it's just not a Malwarebytes problem I am having. 😕

And I hate sounding like a broken record, but, are you sure you've set up the executable and not a shortcut as "Application Web Process" and not "File"?

Have you tried disabling MWB, relogging and teleporting to see if the issue goes away?

If it doesn't go away, are there are other AV programs that might be interfering?

I had added the entire folder to the allowed list on Malwarebytes, and when that didn't work I even added all the files individually. I have now removed Malwarebytes completely and gone with an alternative and the TP crashes seem to have fixed. I am TPing all over the place as much as I like! :D 

Thank you for letting me know about the issues with Malwarebytes. I had no idea beforehand. 

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.