Has there been any recent change to the current version of inworld search?

Wilma Philbin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The last few days or store has dropped down in the inworld All search.

I know there is a new version of search being beta tested, but I got the impression that wouldn't affect the current search. Am I wrong or have something else changed? Or is it just one of those SL things?

Hi Wilma,

Search is being dynamic on a constant basis since LL uses the Google Search Appliance 6 (GSA 6).

You need to change your search keys about every 3 days at the moment because GSA 6 uses a filter. I have the impression LL has an algorithm running that changes the filter about every other 3rd day or so.

Make sure you have a lot of alternate search keys. 

As soon as you seen your traffic jump down significantly, change your search keys. Works for me ;)

If you are having to change "keys" then you must be gaming the system in an endless arms race that LL will win anyway.

I have not had to make a single change in over a year. Other than having to move a store away from one of the spyware griefer army's scanners set to intrude on my visitors.

I have seen no change at all. It is possible it was a change that affected only your parcel, or perhaps a small set of parcels.

When there is sweeping changes to search there is always a big forum reaction with multiple threads by many people :matte-motes-asleep-2:

What you describe could be anything, for example, perhaps a large competitor (or two) changed a lot of their product offerings on multiple sims, which would effectively reshuffle the deck on you :matte-motes-not-even:

Something I thought was quite odd happened with search when I was using it with a couple of friends inworld a couple of weeks ago.  All of us were on Phoenix Viewer, but when we inserted into the search the words "coffee house", all of us got a different result.  The coffee house that was at the top of my search list was way down at number 7 position on another person's, and not visible at all on the third person's.

I conclude it is one of those SL glitches.

If I was a business owner it would undoubtedly annoy me beyond belief.

That's been normal for years because LL uses more than GSA - three the last time I heard, one of which is for testing. I've seen three slightly different sets of inworld first page results simultaneously. Another possible cause is that you and your friends searched at a time when the GSAs were updating. And yet another is that you didn't all have the same maturity settings checked.

Thanks for all the answers.

We have checked with all maturity settings, and over a period of days. If nothing major has changed with search it has to have to do with us adding more searchable items on the sim. We were worried that they had started some extra special "improvement" experiment on inworld search already.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.