Why cant i post events in search? It says they "appear to contain adult material"

sprite Teardrop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to post an event in the Events area. I have been doing this for awhile. Now i get an error message reading:

The event appears to contain adult material, but is on a General or Mature region.  Please choose an adult region. Refer to the Maturity ratings wiki page for more details.

I have reviewed my event and it does not mention anything at all remotely considered adult! It is  for an event at a club for a DJ and dancing.  This is extremely frustrating.

4 answers to this question

LL applies a filter to look for "suggestive" words that may signal that a listing implies adult content.  In addition to obvious words that are converted into "**bleep**" here in the forums, there are many other words in the filter that you might never think of as "adult" but might be taken that way in the wrong context.   Only LL knows what those words are.  The rest of us have to guess.  You'll have to fine tune your listing by looking for those mysterious words. Good luck.

• Like 1

Double check your text. The moderation filters can be incredibly stupid, as they are robot-formated database. A word like "kitty" or "great balls of fire" (lol) are enough to prevent you from posting. Also, check the names of your DJs, I know someone was kicked off by the moderation just for posting a famous bluesman name.

Also, at least in the marketplace search "parts" of words can put you in the adult category. So the word "asset" or something similar for example could (and did ) do that. So look for hidden words inside of words that taken out of context could get you into adult land. Agree it is dumb, but then again search has NEVER worked well :D.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.