Why can't I see the adult option?

Melshell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today, I entered in my billing info for account verification.  As soon as the pending stage was done and over with I logged in to the client and tried to switch my General & Moderate to General, Moderate & Adult.

I don't see the Adult option,  My billing information is all done and set on my account.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared my cache and everything else I could think of to get it to see that I have my info on file.  I tried to buy lindens too, just to see if I had to do that and it won't let me.  It gives me an error and tells me to try again.

Is there a waiting period before I can do anything like go to an adult sim or buy lindens?

This is the error I get when trying to buy lindens.   "Could not charge account, The system encountered an error while processing your order. Please try again"

It doesn't tell me the EXACT error.

Please note that this isn't JUST a billing issue.  I'd appreicate it if you would read it fully, twice if you have to in order to understand what my problem is.    Thank you.

2 answers to this question

Hello Melshell. If i understood right you got an error when you tried to buy lindens? If yes, and generally for billing issues, depending your country you can call the following numbers:

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

If none of those numbers are in your Country you can email to: support@payments.secondlife.com

EDIT: I didin't say that it just a billing issue. But your billing issue is interdependent with the fact that you haven't access in adult regions. When you solve your billing issue (this is the important) you will be able to change your maturity ratings.

If I remember well, it took me almost a week after I put payment info and got age verified before I was able to access Adult sims and buy Lindens, but it was a long time ago... I would suggest you wait another 2 or 3 days or so before you contact the support team (and, moreover, it's the weekend!). If nothing happens in the next coming days, you might call the billing support numbers AngelLove has given to you or file a ticket here:

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.