Guilty pleasures

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Call the Midwife.

It is so schmaltzy. Lots of cloying music and saccharin voiceover. So annoying that it manipulates me to get choked up every single episode. Galling!

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Well, I don't feel at all guilty about being a fan of Dark Shadows (original series) but I realise there's hardly anyone else here who is, or even knows about it.  I suppose they're just not as enraptured as I am by its main character. :) 

I thought the name sounded familiar and couldn't work out why...then remembered a friend (not on SL) did a reggae mix and this was on it...pretty good IMO :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

One guilty pleasure is sawing off titanium liquid oxygen valves from orbital launch rockets.

valve.jpg.fbeb9025413616b4f03ba67b0e45e963.jpg

Another is to listen to red vinyl records.

I have no idea about the song but the sawing job is tremendously geeky.

16 hours ago, PermaRuthed said:

ADMIT IT

We know...

117612824.jpg

I never understood what happened ,why all of a sudden people didn't like them anymore.. Chad Kroeger has such a good voice..

I love this song he did with Santana.

• Like 1

I like organ music and the beautiful instruments themselves.  If they're old, growly, or unusual that's even better.  For an inside look there's this (skip to about 7:20 if you like for a close-up of one of the largest organ pipes ever built).  Or just call me strange; I don't mind. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Or just call me strange; I don't mind.

That was sooooo neat, Ms. Strange!

When I was a kid, there was a strange man in town who had a pipe organ in his house. The longest pipes were in the basement and the longest of those poked through a window well into a shed on the back of the house, right next to a blower you'd expect to find in a greenhouse. I don't think he ever played the thing, he was too busy playing with it.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I like organ music and the beautiful instruments themselves.  If they're old, growly, or unusual that's even better.  For an inside look there's this (skip to about 7:20 if you like for a close-up of one of the largest organ pipes ever built).  Or just call me strange; I don't mind. 

We used to have pizza places with actual "Mighty Wurlizters"! The Florida place was a hit with retirees.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.