Guilty pleasures

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Well, I don't feel at all guilty about being a fan of Dark Shadows (original series) but I realise there's hardly anyone else here who is, or even knows about it.  I suppose they're just not as enraptured as I am by its main character. :) 

I thought the name sounded familiar and couldn't work out why...then remembered a friend (not on SL) did a reggae mix and this was on it...pretty good IMO :) 

• Like 1

I like organ music and the beautiful instruments themselves.  If they're old, growly, or unusual that's even better.  For an inside look there's this (skip to about 7:20 if you like for a close-up of one of the largest organ pipes ever built).  Or just call me strange; I don't mind. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Or just call me strange; I don't mind.

That was sooooo neat, Ms. Strange!

When I was a kid, there was a strange man in town who had a pipe organ in his house. The longest pipes were in the basement and the longest of those poked through a window well into a shed on the back of the house, right next to a blower you'd expect to find in a greenhouse. I don't think he ever played the thing, he was too busy playing with it.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I like organ music and the beautiful instruments themselves.  If they're old, growly, or unusual that's even better.  For an inside look there's this (skip to about 7:20 if you like for a close-up of one of the largest organ pipes ever built).  Or just call me strange; I don't mind. 

We used to have pizza places with actual "Mighty Wurlizters"! The Florida place was a hit with retirees.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.