DOUX hair question...

Sandra8675

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

I have never bought doux hair before...  I realize im the only person on sl that can say this.  but...  question - is there a way to know which hair is the newest? ty

The creator's Flickr page.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130578934@N04

Edited by RowanMinx

5 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

I have never bought doux hair before...  I realize im the only person on sl that can say this.  but...  question - is there a way to know which hair is the newest? ty

The newest ones are on the separate wall that stands in front of the others (in the mainstore). Of the ones at the back I think those on the right are newer than the ones on the left. Some of the left-side ones still have the old style texture huds.

13 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

Speaking of DOUX...you know I was looking at hair extensions just recently and those hairs in the link above from Rowan's post look like how hair extensions would look.  I always thought DOUX had a bit too much hair but now I see it's really based around hair extensions.  I absolutely fell in love with the ROSE hair though.  That is gorgeous and not too much hair and doesn't cover up our great ta-ta's too much either.  I mean if you have great ta-tas why cover them up?   Yeah, yeah...I know that's what the styling HUD is for.  But, still I like hairs that don't cover up my breasts.  

On MP, there is a place where you can choose from a menu NEWEST FIRST to see new products from any creator you wish too.  The drop down menu is a bit to the right and somewhat near the top of the page and it may say RELEVANCE.  Click on that word RELEVANCE and then click on NEWEST FIRST.    You will need to go to the DOUX MP store first or any store and THEN the word RELEVANCE will appear a bit to the right and near the top under each store's name banner.

Edited by FairreLilette

24 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

What, you don't like the way it tickles??

Well, no, not exactly.  But, I mean if you have great ones...why cover them up with all that hair?  Plus, no one could see my cute top.  I tend to buy a little past shoulder length.  Truth has "hair extension" looking hair too similar to Doux in their newest hairs.  

Edited by FairreLilette

18 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Speaking of DOUX...you know I was looking at hair extensions just recently and those hairs in the link above from Rowan's post look like how hair extensions would look.  I always thought DOUX had a bit too much hair but now I see it's really based around hair extensions.  I absolutely fell in love with the ROSE hair though.  That is gorgeous and not too much hair and doesn't cover up our great ta-ta's too much either.  I mean if you have great ta-tas why cover them up?   Yeah, yeah...I know that's what the styling HUD is for.  But, still I like hairs that don't cover up my breasts.  

Well that is why you grab the Deluxe HUD so you can have style choices...usually both sides forward, left side forward, right side forward, both behind back.

Ta-ta coverage choices *wink*

1 hour ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Well that is why you grab the Deluxe HUD so you can have style choices...usually both sides forward, left side forward, right side forward, both behind back.

Ta-ta coverage choices *wink*

Yea, I wrote above about the styling HUD, and that's what I did with the long ROSE hair that I bought but I bought the BLOGGER PACK and I just checked and the Blogger Pack comes with both HUDs including the styler.   I wear that ROSE hair with one side behind my ear and pushed back, I'm just kind of remarking on the pictures with all that hair that covers up our top body.  All of their pictures aren't with the hair covering the body but a lot are.  But, that is also the way hair stylists put hair extensions in our hair in real life and then the hair stylist throws all the hair forward like in the pictures.  

Edited by FairreLilette

7 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Yea, I wrote above about the styling HUD, and that's what I did with the long ROSE hair that I bought but I bought the BLOGGER PACK and I just checked and the Blogger Pack comes with both HUDs including the styler.   I wear that ROSE hair with one side behind my ear and pushed back, I'm just kind of remarking on the pictures with all that hair that covers up our top body.  All of their pictures aren't with the hair covering the body but a lot are.  But, that is also the way hair stylists put hair extensions in our hair in real life and then the hair stylist throws all the hair forward like in the pictures.  

Oh you totally did.  My comprehension isn't great today!!!

45 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Oh you totally did.  My comprehension isn't great today!!!

Oh, no problem.  If anyone Google's female hair extensions they will see what I mean.  

2 hours ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

Sintiklia has some “hair extension-looking” hairs too. Like someone put clip-ons that do not blend in with their natural hair volume, or in an obviously unnatural length. Not dissing, I sometimes wear them when I want to tickle my butt lol

No, I know what you mean that it's not dissing because it looks real to where you can even see where the real hair might have been blended in over the hair extensions, and what would be the real hair looks real and then hair extensions look like hair extensions.  It's really quite remarkable what these creator's did to where it's so life-like.  They have long tape in hair now.  I'd be afraid the tape would pull out my hair. 

Edited by FairreLilette

11 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

No, I know what you mean that it's not dissing because it looks real to where you can even see where the real hair might have been blended in over the hair extensions, and what would be the real hair looks real and then hair extensions look like hair extensions.  It's really quite remarkable what these creator's did to where it's so life-like.  They have long tape in hair now.  I'd be afraid the tape would pull out my hair. 

True! It adds to the realism of SL because women wear them in RL to achieve hairstyles you usually see at shops like DOUX. I can usually tell when someone is wearing extensions because I wear them too. I tried those tape-ins in RL and even though they are the least detectable the upkeep was simply too much for me, so I just went back to temporary clip-ons.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.