Sign in to follow this  
Ishy Wingtips

How has the GRID MERGE changed your SL?

No change in my behavior; I don't know whether I've met a teen or not, but I don't really care. Three rules will help folks get past any concerns about the hypothesized teen infiltration:

1. Don't make friends. Friends are accidents waiting to happen so best to avoid them. Polite conversation and sharing a pose ball is as far as friendship shoud go.

2. Develop a healthy sense of misanthropy. If you hate everyone, you can't be convicted in the court of public opinion of being prejudiced because you are, by default, an equal-opportunity hater.

3. Trust no-one. No-one. Even be a little suspicious about yourself. Avatars are not real; the world is not real; everyone lies; and the wages of Trust are Misery. If, on the other hand, you are only happy when you are miserable, by all means make friends, single out particular groups you dislike, and trust everyone. Then you'll have a super time in Second Life!

It's my 4th rezday soon and, in keeping with my three-point rules for safe SLing, I won't be having a party. Chances are, the date will slip past without me realising it, but in my own special way, I'm happy ;)

I am an adult and have ,as expected,  observed 0 change in SL since the merge. I have visited  PG sim,  a friend runs a clothing business in several PG sims,  and found no issues whatsoever, unless you count the fact that teen residents spend a huge amount of money in world. 

Really?! I'm always surprised when I hear the idea that teens spend a lot of money in SL. A huge reason the teen grid failed was because there was NOT enough money invested!

Been pondering something for a few days now.

The merger of the teen grid gave me an opportunity to finally get land in Bay City when all those sims got slapped onto the end of the place in a sort of sudden 'OMGWTFBBQ' manner... :)

Bay City basically took the 'hit' for the grid in the Teen merge. Yeah sure much of teen grid is still off there out in the ocean just off the coast of one of the mainland continents. But a HUGE chunk got tossed at Bay City and overnight doubled the size of this special region.

Any lesser community would have blown up over the impact of something like that.

The Bay City folks seem to have welcomed it, near as I can tell. And I'm sure it meant the addition of a lot of actual teens to their region, in addition to a lot of new mainlanders like myself, and a good dose of landflipper attention.
- All the things everyone always says they dread, Bay City got hit with in spades in a sudden move with almost no advance warning that they would get it.

And I think the fact that Bay City's alliance is such a friendly pack of people that seem to work together (unless they're ripping each other to shreds in some secret group - at least in the group the public can find, and on the lands around Bay City, and in the public forums, they always keep to a positive face)... well, that's really worked to make the whole teen marger itself also go smoother.

If the teens had landed next door to the kinds of personalities that occupy "certain other multi-sim-mainland" alliance groups, there'd be chaos in the grid right now over this merger.

I've seen a few rough spots since it happened that do indeed seem to indicate the Bay City folks had to do a double take at what hit them - maps and parades that missed chunks of the new land, questions about what this or that meant - but it always ended well.

I think a lot of the lack of drama owes some thanks to where the sims got placed and who was there to greet who when it happened.

I started in 2006.  When teens came, I abandoned my (most of a mainland) sim, closed the school, downgraded my account to Basic, and for all intents and purposes left SL.

The risk of interacting with a minor is too great, and I didn't want to buy all new land in Zindra.  I only ever did PG-rated things in SL.

Nope no problems here as long as they continue to respect others.. and you really cant tell if their teens unless they say their age in their profiles