Is it possible for a merchant to deactivate a no copy no modify item?

Urbaainn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I have an item from a merchant  that is no copy no modify, and he owns some system that sends items from the server such as a field when harvested receives crops from the server. So everything is linked to his servers.

if he bans me from the system for some personal reasons not related to his business and wants to deactivate my items, so they are of no use.. is it possible for him to do that? 

1 hour ago, Urbaainn said:

If I have an item from a merchant  that is no copy no modify, and he owns some system that sends items from the server such as a field when harvested receives crops from the server. So everything is linked to his servers.

if he bans me from the system for some personal reasons not related to his business and wants to deactivate my items, so they are of no use.. is it possible for him to do that? 

If the item is rezzed and communicating with his server and it depends on that communication to work, then there probably is a way for him to make it not work anymore.  

And, before you ask -- YES, he can do that if he wants.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 hour ago, Urbaainn said:

What if the items are not rezzed?

Also what if the person switches the items to another account?

Feels like you're asking questions you already know the answer to or could go find out yourself - everything depends on how the system in question was made.

Problems which result from what you're asking are entirely upto the owner/creator of the system; you'd need to speak to them for the answer but you've obviously somehow exhausted that option - I don't see what you stand to gain from posting it here.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Urbaainn said:

What if the items are not rezzed?

Even if not rezzed, at some point, in order to use the item, you will have to rezz it or attach it.  At that point it will communicate with the server and apparently, due to some reason that you probably already know, the server will not let the item function.

5 hours ago, Urbaainn said:

If you mean 'what if the item owner gives it to another account?', then what happens after that would be totally dependent on how the item & server communicate, and how things are set up internally.  Only the creator knows that. 

If said item will not work for your account because of something you did or said, then I suppose you can give the item to another avatar, assuming said item is Transferable, and then have that avatar see if the item will still work.

We (other Residents) are not going to KNOW the answer.  All we can do is tell you what might be possible and offer guesses.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2021 at 7:27 PM, Urbaainn said:

If a system would let you pass the items on to someone who isn't banned, if that someone is your alt, you're just going to get banned again when it comes out. Your best choices are either to patch up the issue with the creator or move on and use a different system. Don't try to get around blocks and bans. It won't end well.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.