Why can't the atrium at the Quad houses be used as a common area and furnished with some prims ?

Andreas Datura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello ! I have a Quad house, one of four, built around an atrium which is common. It would be very nice to share this area with once's neighbors, but it's hard when you can't put even 1 prim there. Is it really impossible for LL to allow some prims in this area for putting a at least some chairs there ?

6 answers to this question

The land belonging to the Linden Home is the actual land the house is standing on. Nothing more. Anything outside this belongs to the Lindens, and does not allow building. Because of this, you are going to have to make due with whatever is on the land already.

- Luc -

It is possible to put things there, but you would have to use your own prim count to do it. All you need to do is link an invisible prim to tha object as the root prim and keep that prim on your land (or at least the centre of it).

Having said that, I believe there are some changes on the way that will stop this type of parcel encroachment, so it will only work until then.

• Like 2

That's a really good idea! I suppose, when the encroachment feature is introduced, someone will have to specifically return encroaching objects. Somehow I don't think the Lindens have the time and resources to do that in all the Linden Home sims. Perhaps your suggestion will work even after the encroachment feature is finished.

- Luc -

@ Luc, I`m not sure exactly how it will work but it is meant to stop prims being half on your land from a neighbours plot, where you can`t return them, so my guess would be that it will stop these sort of workarounds too. I have wondered how it will affect all those "off sim" island and decorations that are so popular now, because they use basically this same method.

Ah, yes, if it's a feature preventing objects to encroach in the first place, what you suggest will not be possible. I had pictured it in my head as something like what is in about land now, where you have to select someones objects and return them. Preventing it in the first place makes more sense.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.