Jump to content
  • 0

Old Account...


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 64 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a friend who wants to get back into an old account. I didn't ask but I'm assuming it was a free account. She knows the account name and the email address she registered it with - but has long forgotten the passwords.

Is there anyway to recover this? And if so who should she contact? She speaks Spanish only... or has to use Google translate.

Thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
1 hour ago, DaniRost said:

I have a friend who wants to get back into an old account. I didn't ask but I'm assuming it was a free account. She knows the account name and the email address she registered it with - but has long forgotten the passwords.

Is there anyway to recover this? And if so who should she contact? She speaks Spanish only... or has to use Google translate.

Thanks in advance.

even the normal login portal would guide you the way to go.. simply click "forgot your login information" and you get advice

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

even the normal login portal would guide you the way to go.. simply click "forgot your login information" and you get advice

We do have a bit of a language barrier.... I will try to explain this to her. So you think it will give a chance to change the email address? Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2/5/2021 at 11:55 AM, DaniRost said:

We do have a bit of a language barrier.... I will try to explain this to her. So you think it will give a chance to change the email address? Thanks. 

If she does not have access to the email address of record, things get complicated. She must have a working email address on record with the Lab. They will ONLY send info to that address. Requests to send to any other address will be looked at as a possible attempt to steal the account.

IF it is no longer possible to access that email then contact the Lab and get the list of hoops to be jumped through to reclaim the account.

If the address is working and they have access, just do the forgot password process.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

If she does not have access to the email address of record, things get complicated. She must have a working email address on record with the Lab. They will ONLY send info to that address. Requests to send to any other address will be looked at as a possible attempt to steal the account.

IF it is no longer possible to access that email then contact the Lab and get the list of hoops to be jumped through to reclaim the account.

If the address is working and they have access, just do the forgot password process.

Thanks a lot. She has gotten to it yet. I'm trying to help her. I appreciate the input.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 64 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...