The memorial garden

RuRu Macbain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I rarely post in the forum, but I'm curious about this. For over a year now, when I go to the memorial gardens, the scripts are stuck on the flower setter.  

I wish they would fix this.

I don't mean to be crass, but I think LL is benefitting from more membership during this pandemic, while many in here have lost loved ones.

The ability to designate a flower with someone's name on it, helps the hurt.

The candles that you send off into the sea work very well, but it would be nice to see the flowers working again.

That's all.

Thank you.

P.S.  I would pay for a flower memorial, I'm sure many would.

Edited by Diane Macbain
to add a line.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Diane Macbain said:

P.S.  I would pay for a flower memorial, I'm sure many would.

i have always liked the memorial garden for the same reasons you have

as I remember Linden turned off the flowers as some people were abusing it by creating flowers for avatar accounts who had not passed

a fee would help to reduce/prevent this kind of abuse

the candles continue to work as they are time-limited, unlike the flowers

i think a payment is a good idea for the flowers. I would suggest that it could be a recurring fee. Have to go back periodically and pay the rent for as long as we feel the need too. We have to listen to the verger in these matters. The verger sustains the memorials/urupa/cemetery, sustenance which costs money

• Like 3

• Moles

Take a look at my response in this thread from last autumn, where the Memorial Garden was discussed most recently:

Some day, when there are no projects with higher priority facing LDPW, the Lab will possibly decide to do a deep makeover of the Memorial Garden.  That sort of decision is way outside my authority and will be made by people well above my pay grade.  I won't dare to guess when it may happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.