Parcel Streaming Issues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To preface: I use Firestorm Viewer, I use Listen2MyRadio as my streaming host for audio when I DJ and I rent with Pangea Estates.

I could've sworn I've talked about this before on here but I don't really remember so I'll have a nice refresher here. But, I'm having streaming issues with my audio and I'm soon due to be DJing for someone but I can't go forward with it unless I've gotten these issues worked out.

That little music note over in the right corner, everytime I click it, it goes to the pause symbol then back to it's note symbol in quick fashion.

My streaming host has been aggravatingly unpredictable as of late, changing server addresses on me which forces me to re-configure Virtual DJ 7 and the settings in my parcel. But, I'm trying to stream my music through the audio of my skybox. I use the streaming IP, current one anyways and I paste them into the Sound bar in About Parcel settings. It's a no go.

I don't know what's going on.

@LordHappycatOne issue that has presented itself to me a few times is that the urls of some streaming services have been blocked by my AV due their being "known to be used by hackers"... so saith my av support!

So far as I know there is no work around for such a situation, but it might be worth checking if the stream urls is blocked by your media filter settings in FS (search preferences, it's either in sound/media  or in privacy, I think).

In my past experience streams being blocked at the OS or AV stage is far too common for comfort, since AV setting seem always to err on the cautious side!

Here's everything I've done so far:

- I've cleaned out the media filter so that way I'm not automatically expecting the stream to auto-play. I'm not even getting the prompt box.

- I've tried to add the URL stream to my parcel through the internal control panel of my radio.

- I've added the URL stream into the Sound panel in the bar.

- I've made sure the stream info matched the one on the host site that I use, making sure no spaces are in the titles.

- I've tried mixing the IP number and the URL stream together for *****s and giggles.

- I've ensured that the audio settings for my viewer points to my correct audio driver (Realtek High Definition Audio in this case) and not at the NVIDIA HD Audio that I have disabled on my system.

- I've ensured the volume is up enough to audibly hear anything provided they work.

- Firestorm isn't muted, Virtual DJ 7 is through Windows volume mixer, so that I can hear what I play through the parcel stream.
- Triple checked all info is right.

So, I've got about three things I think that isn't going right. 1. My streaming host is really messing up beyond me having difficulty sometimes logging in, going through a slow patch. 2. The skybox I'm on isn't configured for tenants to input their own streams. 3. Something internally with the viewer isn't catching my stream or so.

Because my Virtual DJ 7 program, it's broadcasting fine when I press 'record' on it. I'll have to try with Mixxx but I'm currently battling another fricken issue with that program over the LAME encoder not being found. One thing after another...

10 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Try switching streaming hosts. An unpredictable host is a useless one.

You beat me to it :)) ...along with switching streaming hosts, try to stream somewhere else. If you still run into issues, dial back your stream's bit rate (from the broadcaster's side) I've been djing on SL for over a decade now, and have run into similar issues. In most cases it ended up being my own personal connection strength, which struggled due to running a high bit rate. But there have been times when my net was fine, and the host was having issues. 

Edited by Vicious Hollow

Listen to your stream URL in a browser or in winamp or in vlc player seperate from the viewer completely.  if it glitches there it aint SL's issue. I've had to dump feeble stream providers several times and always end up back at powerstream, rock solid for years.

Edited by rasterscan

All right so, I sought out all of the advice here and while they're all valid, there was one thing I didn't do. It was pointed out to me by the land owner when I told her about it.

...I didn't put the port in the address. That way it'd look like http://192.321.4.10:8000 for example.

That's what made it work. I kept pasting the address in plainly.

Thanks for the help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.