Need help: cant remove makeup/eyeliner looks odd

TeddyVelour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Friends! I'm having a bunch of trouble with putting makeup on my avi. I've tried a couple of different eyeliner options by different brands, and I've noticed the end of the eyeliner always points down instead of up. Does anyone know how I can fix this, or is my face causing the issue? https://imgur.com/7OcXlZo

For further reference I use a genus head.

Additionally, When I try on makeup demos (specifically eyeliner and eyeshadow demos) I can't detach them! I click detach and nothing happens. The makeup is still there. I tried deleting the demo from my inventory and I now have one eye with makeup on!

Please help! Thank you kind people in advance.

Edited by TeddyVelour

I don't use Genus, but I remember seeing this gadget: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/JSK-Genus-make-up-clear/17908034

It clears makeup that is applied. You can clear makeup by using the HUD too, but since I have only used Genus a bit on an alt, I can't remember how to do it now.

You use the appliers, right? Not BoM (layers with a squiggly symbol)

Be sure the makeup applier is specifically made for your head.  As it's an applier, you can't detach it from your head.  You have to clear it using the HUD or another clear makeup HUD such as the one @Marianne Littlementioned.  As to why it slants down instead of up, that may be your brow base.  (the icon in inventory that looks like a wig).  Editing this can make a lot of difference.  Always make a copy first of the brow base before editing.

I wear a Genus head, and I affirm what Marianne said.  You may want to look into purchasing a makeup cleaner such as the one she recommended (I mean, it's 9 lindens, which is pretty cheap).  I believe, from what you're saying, that you're using makeup appliers rather than Bakes on Mesh layers.

As far as the issue with the eyeliner pointing downward, it's likely due to edits you've made to your face's shape, or something innate within its structure.  I personally haven't run into this.  You'll either need to keep trying demos to find one that works better with your current shape, or play around with your face's shape (especially around the eyes' outer corners) to see if that fixes the eyeliner issue.

Good luck!

Also check your eyebrow settings which are part of your system hairbase. If you are using bom.

Add: I was just looking at multiple heads and bom skins. I am seeing downward pointing eyeliner because the bom skin was made for a different mesh head. So for Genus, the skin might be for the Strong head but you are wearing it with the Babyface head, or vice versa. The same thing happens with using bom skins between different Lelutka heads. Sometimes the skin doesn't specify which head is it is for.

Edited by Bree Giffen
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.