Single Sign On, coming soon (or now) to a Second Life web page near you!

Keira Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/4/2021 at 8:50 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

let's see.. but i don't think it's quite usefull for me, i have a seperate inworld presence than on the forum. When the other needs to be on MP or the accountpage .. the forum will also switch to this account.

I have the same problem with work/personal accounts on certain websites

The way I found around this is using a plugin for my browser called 'Multi-account containers'. You create profiles (In my case Work - Personal but in your case it would be one for each of your SL accounts). You then set a tab to a container, and it is like you visited the website in a different browser. It makes it easy to flip between accounts without having to log in every time. My plugin is for firefox, but I am sure there must be plugins that do the same for other browsers too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

Is single sign on related to the redirect bug that keeps happening, too?

I can tell you yes on this one,  to fix it, I have to sign out of everything SL related (cept the client) and then login in to secondlife.com and than it will finally work on all pages. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2021 at 10:08 PM, Paul Hexem said:

Is single sign on related to the redirect bug that keeps happening, too?

That bug has been around far longer than single sign on. I keep my dashboard as a pinned tab and every once and a while it just heads into a redirect error.

• 4 weeks later...

This Single Sign-on thing is not working - at least not in the way that I expect it to.  I had to clear cookies today on my work computer, to clear up an issue.  So when I came back to the forums, I first logged in to my Dashboard. I then pulled up a new tab to come to the forums and it made me log in to the forums.  I was under the impression that a login to my Dashboard would handle the forums as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.