Posted just now · Hidden

Mollymews

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i made a post in other thread about using the agent uuid app link function in the viewer chat bar. I used my own uuid as a example. My post turned a kinda pink color and said Posted just now: Hidden

never seen this before. May be some kind of code injection protection, dunno. Is interesting tho

ps add: if it is injection protection not surewhy it flagged a Linden app function

ps add more. Just tried to make another different post in another thread. Got the same pink and a message saying that my post has been referred for moderation. Seems on some posts but not on others I have been added to the spambot list 😸

Edited by Mollymews

3 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i made a post in other thread about using the agent uuid app link function in the viewer chat bar. I used my own uuid as a example. My post turned a kinda pink color and said Posted just now: Hidden

never seen this before. May be some kind of code injection protection, dunno. Is interesting tho

ps add: if it is injection protection not surewhy it flagged a Linden app function

ps add more. Just tried to make another different post in another thread. Got the same pink and a message saying that my post has been referred for moderation. Seems on some posts but not on others I have been added to the spambot list 😸

I had that happen to me this past weekend.  It wasn't even on one of the more controversial threads.  Just a plain response to a question.  I reread it several times and couldn't see any reason why it would be hidden.  Just happened that one time so maybe a glitch?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

A couple of forum posters have made similar comments over the past 2-3 months, but I don't know that we've ever found out exactly what it is all about.  I'm pretty sure @Scylla Rhiadrahas mentioned it a few times.

Yes, there's even a thread here on the subject! Amina and Luna have had the issue too.

It's still a bit of a mystery . . . a kind of Bermuda Triangle for posts!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's because we post things so naughty that they're likely to get hidden   :)

I suspect that this is automated, using "keywords" or something, but it would take some experimentation that likely wouldn't go over well with the mods to be certain. Otherwise, it wouldn't be "awaiting moderation"? Also, these posts seem to get hidden at literally the moment they are posted -- at least mine have been. Which means that either there is an automated function at work, or (tin foil hat time!) the mods are reading our posts as we compose them!!!!!!

Yeah, no.

So, it would seem that some of us are just more likely to use words or combinations of words that have been flagged.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I suspect that this is automated, using "keywords" or something...

So, it would seem that some of us are just more likely to use words or combinations of words that have been flagged.

ah! ok that makes sense for why I only got it on some posts, like two, and not on others

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 5:33 AM, Mollymews said:

I had the exact same thing happened. I'd never heard of "hidden" before. If it is terrible enough to be "moderated," why isn't it deleted? What's up with "hidden"?

The odd thing is, there didn't seem to be anything that would cause the post to be moderated. It was about avatar keys and name2key scripts -- but they aren't illegal, are sold on the MP, and available for free. Your avatar key isn't some secret thing like a Social Security number you don't want anyone to see on line -- it's a fingerprint that goes on rental boxes and various things that you pay or interact with, and it's there so you can refund the box or use the thing or whatever.

So someone explained something about it, I responded, and it's my post quoting their post that is "hidden". Their post isn't touched. And when I wrote the same thing in response below the hidden post, only without the quote, that was let through. So what on earth is the point of hiding a post?

I wonder if it's a glitch, or as you say, responding to key words.

• 2 weeks later...

Very odd -- I had a post do this "Hidden" thing a few minutes ago.  I immediately did a Report of the post to see if it could be resolved.  Then, while taking a picture of the post, with the 'Hidden' message, and composing a post with a Mention to a few Lindens, I did a refresh of the post page in question and the post is perfectly fine now - no longer Hidden.

This was all in a fairly new thread (all in the past hour), with none of the posts being removed - and very likely none of them even being reported.

So, post Hidden and then un-Hidden in a matter of 1-2 minutes.  Maybe Hidden get automatically kicked to a Mod or maybe my Report got to a Mod super quick or maybe it resolved itself on its own super fast.  Who the heck knows.

@Dakota Linden, @Grumpity Linden, @Tommy Linden  - Can anybody shed light on what this "Hidden" stuff is for posts?  Do they automatically go to a Mod or should we Report the post ourselves to get it looked at or ?????????

• Like 1

Oh. It's not just me then. Fair enough.

After re-reading what I wrote a few times over, the only word I could think of that would trigger anything would be ... Electronic communication in the style of letters and envelopes. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.