Nice Avatars & No Payment Info on File

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/6/2021 at 3:09 AM, Bree Giffen said:

It's possible this 'no payment' person is a criminal who has robbed people. I'd stay away from them. 

35 minutes ago, XemmaN said:

how do you like that? Another advanced resident with payment information calls people without payment information even criminals and suggests staying away .. is this also not discrimination?

...best example of a little pun getting lost in translation...

You and your blind hate are funny. Keep it coming.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, XemmaN said:

how do you like that? Another advanced resident with payment information calls people without payment information even criminals and suggests staying away .. is this also not discrimination?

🙄

5 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

...best example of a little pun getting lost in translation...

You and your blind hate are funny. Keep it coming.

A good example of knowing who to avoid that has nothing whatsoever to do with payment info.  Maybe a "judgemental" or "not judgemental" box instead?

4 hours ago, XemmaN said:

My comedy doesn’t translate very well...

Although I have payment info (it takes money to make money), I have existed in SL with almost no payments made for any large amount. In fact, I may have taken out the sum of all my payments a while ago with a withdrawal of some linden profits.

1 hour ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

I did not question their right to do it. I asked how they can do it.

The usual method is the main account purchases L$ with Paypal/credit card and sends L$ to their alts. Or the funds can come from an in-world business and sent to alts, but in that case it may be that the business account with all the money, and the personal account with no PIOF is actually the main. Many business owners keep their business and personal accounts separate.

Or the business owner may be keeping all the money for themselves. If they spend all their earnings in-world and neither cash out nor purchase L$, they don't need payment info on file. This obviously isn't going to be the case for a new account though. 

Someone may have a sponsor, mentor, sugar-daddy etc (not necessarily a romantic relationship). It's not that unusual for an older player to help a RL friend or family member get started by giving them money to improve their avatar. I think the "already friends in RL" is more likely than "found a SL Sugar-daddy within a few days", though the latter might be possible if adult regions and willingness to do anything in return for those gifts is your thing. 

There are probably a handful of more obscure and unusual reasons too, but these are the main ones I can think of.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.