Are most of your friends of opposite sex in SL?

Karina Leborski

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I think about it, since 2009, not any single girl (well, maybe one or 2 in those years) tried to befriend me. Also I was naturally uninterested to befriend females myself...  So, 100% of my friends in SL are males (not that I have much, I prefer being alone in SL). On the other hand, in RL most of my friends are female. Do you have a similar ratio? What % of friends that you have are of the same sex? I am talking about pure friendship here, that not includes sex. 

I noticed a while back that my friends were mostly guys, and I began to try to develop more friendships with other girls. Guys still outnumber girls, but its now maybe 3 to 2 ratio rather than 50 to 1

I tend to accept any friend request. Because I have an SL business and everyone is a potential customer. I will delete people later if they are obnoxious.  Guys definitely dominate the people who have been deleted. 

Edited by Talligurl

Nope, most of my friends are girls. I have lots of guys on my friends list too, but honestly a lot of them just get in touch to flirt (perhaps hoping for more) so I wouldn't consider them genuine "friends".

In my experience girls are way more likely to friend each other and spend time in-world just hanging out, chatting, exploring and shopping together. A lot of guys I meet just park themselves in a sim and send out unsolicited IMs. I find that most the guys in SL tend to be lone wolves too. If I meet a guy who has no other guy friends, I get immediately suspicious of their motives. I'm not saying this is the correct reaction, but it is how I feel! It also sort of depresses me when a guy has no friends. I can't explain why exactly. But it makes me despair for the entire gender.

Ironically this is polar opposite to the guys I tend to meet in RL who all hunt in packs. I suppose it's a confidence thing? Idk. 

• Like 2

Male or Female in SL? I have friends who portray opposite RL genders for both Male and Female. I also have friends who are furries with indeterminate genders. Of course I have friends who are living SL as a gender that reflects RL minus the age, weight, and impossible good looks (myself included). At the moment most of my friends appear as SL women. It's really kind of a moving target. I also have a friend who lives SL as a xenomorph. I haven't checked for any obvious gender signs with that one, and I'm not really sure if I want to.

• Like 1

I used to have a long list but have reduced it to those that I actually consider friends; people who share an interest to keep in touch and maintain what we have.  Now I have 20 listed friends, all female and 1 recently added. I am online infrequently though which challenges any connection.

Edited by DamianRyker

I do agree with @PixieGirrrrl a lot on interactions.

I think my friends' list is about even between girls & guys but I do talk, shop and explore mainly exclusively with my girlfriends, it's like we're putting more time and effort into this. 😅

That being told, my first friend ever who showed me the grid and teached me a lot about the basics for weeks was a guy. 

Edited by lauleetah
  • Like 1

All about  a handful are the  opposite gender to me. by the nature of of my gender being outside the binary. It doesn't bother me at all as my friends are accepting and It's good to have a range of people of various identities.  My friend list does screw more femm-algined though. But  there's a good number of  masc-algined folk there too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.