What would you choose? superpower/music/tv show

Nynali

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you could have ONE SUPERPOWER, what would that be and why. 

If you could only listen to ONE MUSICIAN/ BAND 4ever, who would that be and why.

If you could be absorbed into the world of ONE TV SHOW 4ever, what would that be and why. 

• Like 2

Superpower- Become a time travelling fly (so I can be almost invisible, but can watch history in front of my eyes) 

Music- Any chillout music, coz i`m a stress head. If it is just one band you are after, I choose The Mouse Outfit (chilled hip hop) 

TV show-  Absorbed into The Good Place, because that world is less surreal, weird and chaotic than this 'real world'  (and I could laugh a lot)

• Like 1

Superpower

power to turn people into black cats. 

Music

An 80s Kids party album...especially for the ghostbusters theme tune

TV show

Carnivale. That show was creepy and ended too soon. I would fit into that world well. 

Edited by KymeLeconfield
i wrote rubbish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Superpower - Telepathy, so I know what people really want, and know when they're lying.

Music - The London Symphony Orchestra, for good quality music, and the possibility of small sections of it playing chamber music.

TV Show - Dark Shadows (1966-1971) because I've been hopelessly enamoured of Barnabas Collins for some time now.  Hmm, I could use my telepathic powers to come to his aid, and then play sweet music to him.  Perfect.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 5

Superpower - teleportation. So I could travel around the world for free, and despite Covid...and then if I get into trouble or bored, just go PFFFFF and be back home :) I might also teleport into a bank vault with a carrier bag 😈

Music - I can't imagine never hearing Felt or the Cocteau Twins ever again. So I'm going to cheat and say both, because they did record a single together, lol. They're the only two groups who have ever made me feel like I'm in a trance.

TV show - Scooby Doo! Would love to hang around haunted castles with Shaggy and Scooby xD

• Like 4

Superpower-Scarlett Witch-her power can alter reality. Domino’s luck would be a close second, the power to make things go her way.

Music-Little Dragon, everything they make just sounds so good sonically and defies genre. Their music is my life soundtrack.

TV show- The Expanse, because Avasarala is so going to be me when I’m older. She’s my spirit animal.

• Like 2

Superpower - to absorb all existing superpowers

Music - probably Devin Townsend because he is not only a great musician but seems to be a great person too

TV Show - as above, The Expanse, because I have already been avasaraling people at work and I am even not that old :D

• Like 3

Superpower: Flight.  I don't care that I'm not invulnerable and a crash into a mountain would kill me. I wanna FLY!

Music: Tough one, I like different music on different days. Guess it'd be The Boston Pops for their versatility.

TV Show: Star Trek (Next Generation if we're being picky). Because people have become basically good and we have cool tech too. I'd probably stay home and talk to dolphins though, not scoot around the galaxy.

Saskia, did you just verb Avasarala?  What's with that!?

• Like 3

Superpower - The ability to repair anything* just by touching it. Why - because I am basically lazy and a skinflint. (*nothing living - let's not be too greedy).

Music - I like a lot of stuff, mostly 80s & 90s rock. If I was forced to limit myself to one band only, it would probably be Nirvana. At least, that's what I would choose today. Next week might be different.

TV Show - most of the shows I like, I would probably end up dead. So I'll pick the Great British Bake-Off. Because endless cakes is the best way to die.

• Like 2

Superpower:  I'd love to be able to teleport, but only if I could aim well.  I'd hate to end up in a wall, the way I do in SL.  🥴

Music:  I don't listen to bands much at all, and I skip all over the place across genres and performers from opera to jazz guitar and folk music.  If I had to listen to ONE performer forever, I'd go out of my mind.

TV Shows:  I haven't had a TV for a couple of decades, so I don't know what's on TV, but I like getting BBC programs in the Internet -- about 10 years after they were popular in the UK.

• Like 1

Superpower - Would have to be flight. I've imagined it in my head many times and I think it would be the most fun. I see Lindal agrees!

Musician/Band - Have to go with Garnet on the London Symphony. They play such a variety!  Plus, listening to any other single person or band would just make me sick of them and I wouldn't want that.

TV Shows - An old tv series called Great Chefs of the World. Going around the world to the best restaurants. What more can I say?

• Like 1

Super power would be, Lucky. It's the best super power to come along I think..

Band , None.. I'd be sick of any band in a weeks time and have to hear them forever..I would rather have quiet so that i could hear the songs i like in my head or make some up as I go along..

Tv show, I can't think of a one that I would want to be stuck in.. Some movies yea, but nothing  on TV really appeals to me to be stuck in forever.

ETA: Luck IS a Super Power.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Is being able to eat as much cheese and chocolate as you want without gaining a pound a super power?  If not, it really should be and sign me up.

I haven't found anything on cheese yet, But Chocolate.. I mean the good stuff, Dark Chocolate or anything close the the source of the cocoa has a lot of health benefits.

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I haven't found anything on cheese yet, But Chocolate.. I mean the good stuff, Dark Chocolate or anything close the the source of the cocoa has a lot of health benefits.

For the last 10 or so years, when I do eat chocolate, it's always dark.  I don't even enjoy the taste of milk chocolate anymore.  Dark chocolate blueberries and acai from Brookside.  Yummm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

For the last 10 or so years, when I do eat chocolate, it's always dark.  I don't even enjoy the taste of milk chocolate anymore.  Dark chocolate blueberries and acai from Brookside.  Yummm

Now only if we could find something out there showing the benefits of cheese!! \o/

hehehehe

Myself, I've been drinking nothing but some form of chia waters.. Well, besides my juice or smoothies.. But everywhere I go I have a half gallon jug with 4 tbsp of chia seeds and usually one lime and one lemon both cut into slices.. The seeds end up absorbing the lemon and lime..

It's the best thing since Ice water.. hehehe

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

We're gonna have to get a thread going for healthy things.. Maybe I'll start one this weekend.. This way we can get all these goodies in one place..

I have so much scattered around the forums that would be good to have in one spot..:)

• Like 3

Superpower: immortality.. I want to know whats going to happen tomorrow.

Band : The Beetles..though there are alot of others a close 2nd.

TV show. Top Gear. be alot of fun to drive around all those places, but as I dont drive id crash alot.. hence the superpower would come in quite handy

Superpower - Time Travel so i could see what happened in history 

Music - Agree with LSO as previously mentioned for their orchestral versions of contemporary music. As much as i like lots of other music i'd soon get fed up of just hearing one band/artists songs

TV show - Maybe a soap for their continuous story lines or Grand Tour/old new Top Gear so i could drive flashy motors and go on adventures, 

• Like 1

Superpower - To freeze time, can think of  so many uses (spoiler alert : most of them aren't very legal but hey)

Music - I don't think I could stand listening to one of my favorite bands forever, I'd end up hating them. I'd need something chill that isn't too catchy... My life's soundtrack would probably be... Lana del Rey. Could live with that or ignore the music in the background.

Show - Doctor Who ! A lifetime of adventures on the TARDIS sounds amazing.

Edited by lauleetah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.