Media / Deeding to Land / Issues

scionmalum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I have an entire media system that needs deeded to the group my land is under. I have a building that was created by another person that I purchased, it's copy/mod... no transfer [not sure if that info will help, but giving it anyhow]. I'm having the issue with that I can't deed my media screens or the building entirely - to my group. I can rez out a prim and deed it to the group, but that doesn't help when what I need is screens in the build deeded to the group. Is there a reason this is happening? Can anyone help me on this?

Also, I noted, not sure if this is related: When I do deed a prim box to the group, I can no longer modify/copy/move/stretch/etc it.....

PS: Yes, I am the owner of the group in question.

6 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, scionmalum said:

So I have an entire media system that needs deeded to the group my land is under. I have a building that was created by another person that I purchased, it's copy/mod... no transfer [not sure if that info will help, but giving it anyhow]. I'm having the issue with that I can't deed my media screens or the building entirely - to my group. I can rez out a prim and deed it to the group, but that doesn't help when what I need is screens in the build deeded to the group. Is there a reason this is happening? Can anyone help me on this?

Also, I noted, not sure if this is related: When I do deed a prim box to the group, I can no longer modify/copy/move/stretch/etc it.....

PS: Yes, I am the owner of the group in question.

Is the group tag active?

4 minutes ago, scionmalum said:

I'm having the issue with that I can't deed my media screens or the building entirely - to my group

when we deed an object the ownership of it changes from ourself to our group, for this to happen the object has to have Transfer permission

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scionmalum said:

Aha! so I was right when I told someone that I was worried that it was because the item I had wasn't transfer allowed?

yes

contact the person who made the media system. What you are wanting to do is a fairly common thing. They may have a Transfer version that you can obtain

If not then there are other media systems that are designed for this situation

they often come with a media changer prim/script which is Transfer permissions and can be deeded to group (to enable changing the parcel media property). The media player which remains in your ownership then reads the media parcel url and plays it

Edited by Mollymews
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

yes

contact the person who made the media system. What you are wanting to do is a fairly common thing. They may have a Transfer version that you can obtain

If not then there are other media systems that are designed for this situation

they often come with a media changer prim/script which is Transfer permissions and can be deeded to group (to enable changing the parcel media property). The media player which remains in your ownership then reads the media parcel url and plays it

THANK YOU!!!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.