Firestorm camera position not working :(

Briar Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, so, I don't really know if this is related to my issue, but might as well mention it... A couple days ago, I changed my mesh body from maitreya to legacy, when I had my maitreya body on, I could see my avatar from front, rear and side view without any problems... But now, when I'm wearing legacy, all other camera positions besides the rear view are the same :( I can only see my avi from behind and I can't change the views trying to use or make preset views. When I try to do it, it doesn't work at all! nothing moves!  X,Y, Z in camera and focus offset, neither the camera offset!  

Can someone tell my why is this happening? Is really frustrating :(  I want to se my avi in a front view but I can only see her back! 

No no, Ansariel, that is the legacy body, not the Legacy body!  😁

One has to wonder at the mind-set of the folk that thought Legacy was a good name for a new mesh body!

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was in the same situation as the OP just now. (Stupidly) just bought a Legacy body as it seems a lot of newer clothing designers are not supporting my Slink body any more. Didn't realise that I've just blown 5k on a body which has zero support. Annoyingly, I like the body shape, and the hud is easy to use. But I was having the same issue as the OP with not being able to set the cam angle. So thanks to steeljane, I at least can tweak the angle through the hud, but seems that the full rearcamoffset options in the viewer itself don't respond to the Legacy body?

17 hours ago, Anouk Koray said:

I was in the same situation as the OP just now. (Stupidly) just bought a Legacy body as it seems a lot of newer clothing designers are not supporting my Slink body any more. Didn't realise that I've just blown 5k on a body which has zero support. Annoyingly, I like the body shape, and the hud is easy to use. But I was having the same issue as the OP with not being able to set the cam angle. So thanks to steeljane, I at least can tweak the angle through the hud, but seems that the full rearcamoffset options in the viewer itself don't respond to the Legacy body?

Back in 2011 I wrote an article on camera controls: Second Life Camera Position Tips. The controls work on all viewers.

There are HUDs and in some viewers controls that allow one to make these adjustments. The article explains how to use the Debug Settings to make the adjustments.

Some people are afraid to play with Debug Settings. I'll point out that each setting has a DEFAULT button one can click to return the setting to the viewer's default value.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.