Multiple no-copy items, one marketplace listing?

Senga Recreant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Like so many other people, I've become enthralled with the breedable pets game. The various "eggs" you get from breedable pets are sellable and the marketplace is a popular place to sell them, especially for people looking for a single specific trait they desire.

My question is, is there a way to use the marketplace as a sort of "gatcha" where i can have 1-20 or so no-copy items delivered from the same listing? say, "Random Bundle" through "Random Bundle 19"? Or must I laboriously list each one singularly (especially since the bulk edit doesn't let you set a bulk picture, lesigh~), clog marketplace results with my crap, and make my store look intimidatingly huge?

• Moderators

Senga Recreant wrote:

Like so many other people, I've become enthralled with the breedable pets game. The various "eggs" you get from breedable pets are sellable and the marketplace is a popular place to sell them, especially for people looking for a single specific trait they desire.

My question is, is there a way to use the marketplace as a sort of "gatcha" where i can have 1-20 or so no-copy items delivered from the same listing? say, "Random Bundle" through "Random Bundle 19"? Or must I laboriously list each one singularly (especially since the bulk edit doesn't let you set a bulk picture, lesigh~), clog marketplace results with my crap, and make my store look intimidatingly huge?

Greetings!

If you wish to have one product listing, but have it linked to multiple copies of a product, you must rez multiple Magic Boxes.

Say you have 20 eggs for dragons, and you wish to sell all 20, but not all of them are the same exact egg. So you want to sell them as a Random offering (according to your above message).

You will need to name all of the eggs the exact same name, and then rez 20 Magic Boxes (one egg in each Magic Box).

EX:  You have have 20 dragon eggs and you name each one "Random Dragon Egg May 2011"

You would then add one egg with that name to each of the 20 Magic Boxes that you have rezzed in world.  If you add more than 1 egg to the same Magic Box, a number will be appended to the name (Random Dragon Egg May 2011 1, etc.) and you will be unable to link them to the same listing.

Go to the web site and create 1 product listing called Random Dragon Egg May 2011 and then include in the item description that there are XXX numbers of eggs available and that each time one is purchased the buyer will get a random trait egg that was laid during the month of May 2011.

Under the Quantity Available section when you create the listing enter the number of eggs you have. In this case, 20.

Once all 20 eggs are sold, the listing will be set to Unavailable by the web site to prevent anyone from purchasing any more than the 20 available.

Anyone selling breedables should do the same thing, instead of creating 20 different listings.  Especially if they are offering a bunch of random ones, or are offereing multiples of the same traits.

This helps keep the categories from getting cluttered, and keeps the listings in compliance with the rules, since listing the same item multiple times is a no-no under the Listing Guidelines.

You can also go back and add more eggs to your Magic Boxes, just remember to use the same name for each item and then you can edit the listing to change the number available back up to 20, or however many more you have available.

You can also keep the same listing and change the Month in the name, so that eggs laid in June can use the same listing by changing the name from May to June on the listing and on the eggs in the Magic Boxes. As long as you are still offering the same random eggs and not a different species of pet. (horse, as opposed to dragon that is used in the example above).

Regards,

Dakota Linden
--
Linden Lab
SL Marketplace Customer Support
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/
http://www.secondlife.com

• Moderators

Greetings!

A Magic Box is only 1 prim, no matter how many items you place into the Magic Box, it will always remain 1 prim.

You can limit the number that are rezzed to limit the prims.  So you can use 5 instead of 20, or 10 instead of 20, depending upon how many prims you have available.

Just remember to set the number available on the listing to the number you have available across all Magic Boxes you have rezzed.

You can then re-stock the Magic Boxes as the products are sold.

Using this method will also allow your listing to gain sales rankings, which will get it a better showing in the Marketplace.

If you have 20 different listings, they will only get 1 sale and be gone, whereas if you set up one listing to handle all of your bundles, your listing will have the chance to get good sales rankings and reviews that will help boost the listing.

Regards,

Dakota Linden
--
Linden Lab
SL Marketplace Customer Support
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/
http://www.secondlife.com

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.