Viewer Issues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, BeneficiaI said:

When I get online, the viewer works for 30 seconds and then freezes. When I try to click it, the screen clouds up and says not responding. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled. Any possible solutions??

Sounds like a hardware/OS problem to me, and if it is one no one here can really help you, unfortunately.

Something alike happened to me when i used 32bit viewers, these tend to run out of memory once the inventory exceeds a certain amount of stored items. But one needs to have a pretty mnassive invventory then. 64bit fixed that.

@BeneficiaIHave you whitelisted your viewer in your antivirus programme?  You should have the viewer's installed folder plus the Cache folder whitelisted.  I can add the Firestorm advice on whitelisting from their wiki, but you do not say which viewer you are using.

You should also make sure the viewer is allowed through the computer's Firewall (via the Firewall settings).

Edited by Aishagain

If you can, check your PC memory usage while running your viewer.

To exclude a memory problem, create an alt account and log in and move around for a while. If that works fine it´s not a viewer problem, but related to your hardware/OS or (not very likely) an asset server (inventory) issue.

Is that an error for the C Language Runtime library?  If so them you are probably dealing with a corrupted executable or DLL.  I was getting these many years ago.

After all troubleshooting and testing was completed,  I found my motherboard was slightly defective.  The contents of RAM were infrequently being either read or written incorrectly when the machine was loaded.  Dell replaced the motherboard in the XPS 630i but the problem did not go away.  The RAM had passed stress tests in a test machine.  The replacement motherboard was also failing in the same way.  I assume bad design.  I tried to use the same computer to participate in a beta of Microsoft Windows.  MS kicked the computer out of the beta program for reporting invalid opcodes in binaries that MS knew did not contain invalid opcodes.

I hope you are not having the same issue.  Maybe you have some easier and less expensive correction available.  I had to replace the computer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.