Anicha Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to find a face animator hud / AO - or  persuade someone to create one. (I’d do it myself but couldn’t script my way out of a paper bag).

Why is such a thing needed? Most of us these days have mesh heads that come with a range of animations. The huds that control these tend to be a bit clunky and lack flexibility. You can’t create your own animation sequences effectively.

In particular, what I want to do is take the best animations from a series of heads that I own (Catwa, Genus, Lelutka, AK) and blend these into a series of sequences for different occasions.

(In truth, I’m wearing a Genus head at the moment because it goes with a skin I love but I’m using Lelutka animations with it almost exclusively. They’re much better, IMHO)

I’ve already extracted the animations I need (wear the head, right click, edit, contents tab, drag and drop to a suitable folder in inventory, repeat for all the other brands of head you own).

I’ve also made sequences - such as chatting; flirting; sensuous; happy; etc.

I’ve tried two approaches so far, both of which work up to a point but are fundamentally flawed:

1) Put them in a Zhao AO and use notecards -  They do work as face animations and you can run your standing anims using the Firestorm AO or a second AO hud. This approach is flawed because when you sit on furniture such as a seat, bed, etc they stop working.  And that’s when you are likely to need them most. (Kissing someone tends to attract their close attention - in an ideal world).

2) Create ‘standing’ animation sequences using the Firestorm AO which are actually face anims. This works and is dead easy because there are no notecards to deal with. You can still have your standing animations running by also wearing a traditional AO. But this is once again flawed because they stop working when you sit.

So, I want a hud that will allow me to keep them running at all times - or at least until I turn them off. This is possible, because the head animators that come with the mesh heads achieve this. I also have a head animator from Chrysanthemum which provides ‘sexy’ face expressions which continue to run while on a chair or bed. (It comes with its own anims, but doesn’t allow you to add your own. They are all a bit ‘advanced’ and wouldn’t be used for a mere cuddle).

Please note that I’m not aiming to sell this or load it with animations to then give it away. This is for personal use and once loaded with the anims taken from the mesh heads it would not be transferable.

It might be something which a creator could sell to people such as myself, provided the customers were willing to load up the animations they already own.

It might be possible to edit the Zhao scripts to adapt them for this scenario but I don’t know where to start.

Does anyone know of such an animator already available? Or does anyone know where I could find appropriate scripts to create one? Or is anyone keen on making one from scratch?

Edited by Anicha Heartsong
removed a typo

2 hours ago, Anicha Heartsong said:

In particular, what I want to do is take the best animations from a series of heads that I own (Catwa, Genus, Lelutka, AK) and blend these into a series of sequences for different occasions.

Which won't work as you'd expect to. All brands use different joint positions and aren't compatible with each other, so as a result, those animations will only deform your face. 

3 hours ago, Anicha Heartsong said:

I want to find a face animator hud / AO - or  persuade someone to create one. (I’d do it myself but couldn’t script my way out of a paper bag).

Why is such a thing needed? Most of us these days have mesh heads that come with a range of animations. The huds that control these tend to be a bit clunky and lack flexibility. You can’t create your own animation sequences effectively.

(In truth, I’m wearing a Genus head at the moment because it goes with a skin I love but I’m using Lelutka animations with it almost exclusively. They’re much better, IMHO)

I’ve already extracted the animations I need (wear the head, right click, edit, contents tab, drag and drop to a suitable folder in inventory, repeat for all the other brands of head you own).

I’ve also made sequences - such as chatting; flirting; sensuous; happy; etc.

I’ve tried two approaches so far, both of which work up to a point but are fundamentally flawed:

1) Put them in a Zhao AO and use notecards -  They do work as face animations and you can run your standing anims using the Firestorm AO or a second AO hud. This approach is flawed because when you sit on furniture such as a seat, bed, etc they stop working.  And that’s when you are likely to need them most. (Kissing someone tends to attract their close attention - in an ideal world).

2) Create ‘standing’ animation sequences using the Firestorm AO which are actually face anims. This works and is dead easy because there are no notecards to deal with. You can still have your standing animations running by also wearing a traditional AO. But this is once again flawed because they stop working when you sit.

So, I want a hud that will allow me to keep them running at all times - or at least until I turn them off. This is possible, because the head animators that come with the mesh heads achieve this. I also have a head animator from Chrysanthemum which provides ‘sexy’ face expressions which continue to run while on a chair or bed. (It comes with its own anims, but doesn’t allow you to add your own. They are all a bit ‘advanced’ and wouldn’t be used for a mere cuddle).

Please note that I’m not aiming to sell this or load it with animations to then give it away. This is for personal use and once loaded with the anims taken from the mesh heads it would not be transferable.

It might be something which a creator could sell to people such as myself, provided the customers were willing to load up the animations they already own.

It might be possible to edit the Zhao scripts to adapt them for this scenario but I don’t know where to start.

Does anyone know of such an animator already available? Or does anyone know where I could find appropriate scripts to create one? Or is anyone keen on making one from scratch?

Catwa had an empty animation HUD that you filled with animations from her store.  Wondering if you could put any animations in it.  Might be worth a try.

Optimo - I've already tested the animations and found many that do work. This is an option. It takes time, but you can get good results. The Lelutka animations work on the Genus head and in most cases are better than the Genus animations.

Rowan - I suspect the Catwa hud would only work with the Catwa head, though I haven't tried it yet. I'll give it a go, but I suspect that will be the case.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.