Help creating Mesh Avatar!! Please!!!

heidi412

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm very new to SL and wanting to create a mesh avatar. I know, slow down right! I can't help it I want to learn all about them and how to create one, I don't understand things and am hoping someone wants to maybe tell me or show me how to do this. I need a mesh for dummies guide, can anyone help?

https://digitalregeneration.com/the-newbie-hub/

https://virtualbloke.com/archives/category/noob-dude-a-style-101-for-the-male-avatar

I joined a month ago and these websites helped the most. There are YouTube tutorials too, but I highly prefer reading things. The second one uses male mesh bodies as an example, but everything said can be applied pretty much 1:1 to female bodies.

2 hours ago, heidi412 said:

I'm very new to SL and wanting to create a mesh avatar. I know, slow down right! I can't help it I want to learn all about them and how to create one, I don't understand things and am hoping someone wants to maybe tell me or show me how to do this. I need a mesh for dummies guide, can anyone help?

The one website posted by @stellarissimais the same one I gave you in the other post you made. It's literally a step by step tutorial on putting together your mesh avatar.

You might want to start by trying demos of some of the popular female mesh bodies to get an idea about what general shape you like in terms of curves, bust size/shape, etc.  While you can modify your shape even with a mesh body, some mesh bodies are more suitable for some types of shapes than others.  Trying demos lets you play around with the shape to see if you can get the type of shape you want with it.  Some of the popular female bodies are Maitreya Lara, Legacy, Slink Physique/Hourglass, Belleza Freya, Tonic Fine, Tonic Curvy.  You will most likely need to go to their in-world stores to pick up demos.   There should be instructions on a notecard, or a link to help information on the creator's web site that will help you figure out how to wear the demo. 

In terms of clothing availability, Lara is probably the most often seen at big events.  The others have a lot of clothing choices available, also, but you may to look a little more to find the clothing styles you like, and may not see clothes for your body as often at big events.   

There are other female bodies available - some with more extreme shapes, some less expensive but may not have much clothing/skins/heads that fit well.  It's a matter of preference, trying Demos out, looking at clothing availability, mesh head compatibility, skin compatibility, and so forth.  Personally, I prefer Slink Physique and am able to find clothes I like, but many here will tell you they've chosen Lara because of the wide availability of clothing, or Legacy because of the way that body looks and the shape they can get with it - so personal preferences, again.

Once you think you've found a body that you like, before purchasing it I would suggest looking at skins and at mesh heads, looking for ones that say they are compatible with the body that you like and try demos of them with the body demo.  

I would suggest using BOM (Bakes on Mesh) functionality, if provided by the body and head you end up selecting, but again this is a personal  preference with pros and cons on either side.  

Once you start trying things out, if you run into issues or have problems with trying out a specific item - or in finding compatible items - ask here again, mentioning the specific items that you need help with understanding.  Other than the links provided in one of the other answers above, it's hard to give specific information in a very general way (and I would definitely read the Virtual Bloke tutorials, for the concepts presented about mesh bodies, heads, BOM, etc., because most of them are applicable conceptually to female bodies, also). 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.