What if your life was at stake?

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I sometimes hear people say they sit in second life for over 20 hours a stretch.. Some even longer.

That sounds pretty risky to me.. They've had gamers die sitting playing games trying to break records for longest time played..

It can't be too healthy doing that.. That might be one way it happens.. I'm sure health problems could come from it or increase already existing problems..

During this time of COVID, I feel like my life is at stake many times throughout the course of my day.  It's horrible.   I feel like I'm trying to get to safety and/or a great many of us are trying to get to safety but there are times it feels like it's taking so long and safety is still out of reach and I feel lost inside my self and often in times of my isolation I feel hopeless.  

Would I log into a game that if my avatar died I would also in real life, absolutely not.  

As far as for a novel of fiction, it sounds like something college students might do as an initiation or whatever that is called.  But college people have done some very, very crazy things and some have lost their lives in real life.  The real driver in a novel though I think would be something like say you are the last avatar living, you win the money.  

Edited by FairreLilette

4 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I think you'd get a certain amount of people still logging on.

I think most of the ones that do would be the griefer sort, who specifically go around looking for people to kill.

Which begs another important question; if someone's avatar killed another avatar in SL, would they be liable in RL for a murder charge? 

I would be forced to do the unthinkable.

As the soul surviving last living, Super Premium Excalibur Account of Awesomeness Member, in the whole wide universe..

I would be forced to call upon all the Elements of the universe, in turn invoking,  GODDESS MODE!! \o/

Trust me, it ain't purty..

hehehe

• Like 2

I’m surprised by how a lot of people think SL is so dangerous! I mean going shopping isn’t a life threatening activity. It makes me wonder exactly you are all doing in SL.

I’d say my SL is a lot nicer than RL right now with the cold weather, rain, quarantine, etc. I can’t get into a car accident in SL cause I don’t drive. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

I’m surprised by how a lot of people think SL is so dangerous! I mean going shopping isn’t a life threatening activity. It makes me wonder exactly you are all doing in SL.

Heh. Some of us don't spend a lot of time shopping, I guess. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

I’d say my SL is a lot nicer than RL right now with the cold weather, rain, quarantine, etc. I can’t get into a car accident in SL cause I don’t drive. 

It may not be so bad right now..But let wind of something like that getting out onto the internet and see who comes to change things up.

It's easy to feel relaxed in the nice areas, until someone say's , hey guys I got an idea.. Lets go event or fair griefing..

hehehe

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Waiomao said:

This question and line of thinking has a huge Matrix vibe.

I've been told that I've got a "huge Matrix vibe", but I try to take it as a complement. Those people don't know if I've got a huge matrix or a tiny one. I guess this is like the "big Richard" vibe I read about.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I've been told that I've got a "huge Matrix vibe", but I try to take it as a complement. Those people don't know if I've got a huge matrix or a tiny one. I guess this is like the "big Richard" vibe I read about.

Silly Lion. Not that matrix, the other matrix.

lion-pictures3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.