Attention LL marketing - IMVU is after you

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh that's nice ... Sorry, Windows is not the Gold Standard for UI design and at one point it actually was designed to cater to normal people. removal of options that cannot - at present - be used in an otherwise standardized menu is dumbing it down - that's not something I'm going to entertain "discussion" on.

If having - as a Second Life example - a context/right click menu showing Touch r Sit yet greyed out is a major problem/distraction/cause of confusion for you ... Suffice to say my only reaction/response is quite impolite. Such people should not ever be catered to.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I know what you are saying. What I was saying is you can "open" the script (maybe not in inventory but in a rezzed object) and even though you can't modify the script itself, you can still do such things [from the build window as well on the Content tab (last one on the right)] as reset the script on a no mod script. That is something LL has to allow or people would be even less inclined to stay in SL if they have to re-rez scripted items every time the server hiccups or something else goes wrong. I've been resetting no mod scripts for years. If I recall correctly, the other function is Refresh on the Content tab. So some things do need to remain visible while grayed out because at some point the owner of the object may have the necessary permissions to use those functions or have some sort of workaround like the Reset and Refresh on the Content tab (except those are never grayed out to my knowledge).

Perhaps i missed something then, I actually took a look at one of the items i was wearing that contained a script and even rezzed out a scripted item.

Both were No Mod, more or less because of the scripts in them. Neither allowed a Reset through the Build Floater or the main Menu entries.

2 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Perhaps i missed something then, I actually took a look at one of the items i was wearing that contained a script and even rezzed out a scripted item.

Both were No Mod, more or less because of the scripts in them. Neither allowed a Reset through the Build Floater or the main Menu entries.

I don't know if your experience is the strange one or if mine is. I have some scripts I recently* purchased that I use for creating texture change HUDs that are copy/no mod/trans and I have to reset the scripts in both the HUD and the target object (only 2 scripts) whenever I make a change like adding a texture** along with the face number, color etc in the notecard. If I don't reset both scripts it won't work. 

Other than that I don't know what to say.

*within the past month

**normally add several at once rather than one at a time. Too many at once can get confusing and lead to errors.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

My own view on IMVU (having tried it out a couple of years back) is that it actually offers nothing for those used to the Second Life experience - it's nothing really other that static chatrooms you can dress up and stand or sit in various poses. No walking around - no exploring and discovering fantastic interconnected places.

They may both be an online social platform but that deliver it in totally different ways. IMVU is (as far as I understand it) for the generation addicted to their mobiles as it runs on that.

No thanks

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.