about the flesh that passes through the transparent outfits

Bomba Zanzibar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all, I 'm fan of transparent jumpsuit and pants and shirts! I wear a maitreya body (5.3), my body isnt fat,   and happens often that flesh goes through, and shows. (sorry for my english)

of course you will tell me, buy de demo! But! but! I think the creators know what they do (or are supposed to) the flesh dont show if I put my AO on off! i m supposed to move or dance.... a friend of mine told me that I can manage that with some kinds of alphas I can add, but dont work.... I sent note card the the designers, some are quite well known, and no answer of course.. i take all advices and hints

jumpsuit problem....png

Edited by Bomba Zanzibar

some designers are better than others at weighting skintight clothes to the body than others. All we can do is keep shopping til we find them

only way to patch.disguise this is to wear a BOM layer underneath which matches the tights

an aside. Way back in the day when rigged mesh first came to SL, quite a few of the early designers made matching glitch (now called BOM) layers to help with this problem on the standard avatar (pre-mesh) body. Some carried this over to mesh body layers. I haven't seen any designer in a long time do this, altho there might still be some

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bomba Zanzibar said:

Hello all, I 'm fan of transparent jumpsuit and pants and shirts! I wear a maitreya body (5.3), my body isnt fat,   and happens often that flesh goes through, and shows. (sorry for my english)

of course you will tell me, buy de demo! But! but! I think the creators know what they do (or are supposed to) the flesh dont show if I put my AO on off! i m supposed to move or dance.... a friend of mine told me that I can manage that with some kinds of alphas I can add, but dont work.... I sent note card the the designers, some are quite well known, and no answer of course.. i take all advices and hints

jumpsuit problem....png

If you've already purchased those pants and really want to wear them, try using the butt sliders until you don't see the skin

I agree that creators should rig better but fiddling with the slider might work if you just really want to wear those.

• Thanks 1

Rowan, I tryied to go in apparence and to "adjust" my butt to my pants (lol) but unfortunatly dont work, this thing stays and shows :-(, I looked on the market place seems there are some "alpha" to wear in add, but not sure , a friend of mine who creates clothes, will try to find a way for me! thank you 🙂

Edited by Bomba Zanzibar

This shows why its so important to demo ! Since there isn't a singular standard for rigging it really does vary from designer to designer, and I even have issues  as someone with an avatar that has always been on the petite side of the spectrum of avatar size. Generally bigger stores will have better rigging because they most likely have a person dedicated to doing that specific job. Smaller stores are hit or miss as they might be the only person involved in the entire work flow of creating products. And if its older product for the designer, the rigging will probably not be as good due to the fact that they might have still been learning how to rig.  Also animation overrides are tough on clothes and often break mesh in places that would otherwise be fine especially if you are particularly twirly or fidgety. My personal preference is using a mostly static AO with breathing and very subtle movement.

As for changing your shape...its always surprising to me what actually makes the difference in making something fit. It might not be that you need to reduce your butt's size, but play with how much muscle your lower body has or your body fat or body thickness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thank you Laurel! yes I m used , for trends I dont know, to try demo first. but for the 3 trends with whom I have this problem, I buy to them since ages, always been satisfyed , I wont give their name of course. so yes I didnt tryied demo......... transparent outfit is quite difficult, but some trends have very good results, even when I dance all is perfect.. so I only hope the last jumpsuit's creator will answer me ! :-)

As Laurel has already noted, it's not always the obvious shape sliders that you need to adjust, such as the butt size slider. The issue I'm seeing there is that the 'break through' is at the top of the thigh, where it joins the crease of the butt, so I would suggest reducing the leg muscle slider first of all. Judging from what I can see of your torso and arms, your body fat and body muscle are already quite slim, so I'd be focusing on the leg muscle slider to see if that fixed the issue.

• Thanks 1

I suggest you take the picture and send it to the designer. I have done that a number of times and explained all my details so they can repair whatever it is I am complaining about. Often they fix the problem and tell me to get a re-delivery. Problem fixed.

In your case, also, point them to this thread.

• Like 1

My experience is that some clothing designers' clothes simply fit better than others'. I get tired of trying demos all the time, so I tend to keep buying clothes from the stores whose clothes I have found to fit well. No designer's clothes always fit perfectly, but some achieve a very good fit almost all the time. And, of course, for sheer clothing to look acceptable, the fir has to be nearly perfect.

I suggest that in the example in the original post that a butt deformer might help. I have found a breat deformer to be quiter helpful for similar issues, so much so that even with opaque clothing, I often use it instead of using alpha masks or alpha cuts. I have a prim that says "Adjust Breast Deformer" on it that I attach to a HUD attachment point that I add to outfits to remind me.

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2021 at 11:46 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

I suggest you take the picture and send it to the designer. I have done that a number of times and explained all my details so they can repair whatever it is I am complaining about. Often they fix the problem and tell me to get a re-delivery. Problem fixed.

In your case, also, point them to this thread.

hello Jennifer, oh good idea; I ll try that , pity!!! thank you

Edited by Bomba Zanzibar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.