Login issues

Wondergirl216

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

17 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Wondergirl216 said:

It keeps showing that whenever I tried to login. And I have experienced this issue 2 weeks ago. Can anyone please help me out ? I also try to use SL viewer to log in, and it doesn't work as well. And I get the same result when I download SL tagaio another computer.

捕获.PNG

Edited by RowanMinx

9 hours ago, TT120 said:

I had the same problem.  It seemed to have something to do with my home location.  Once I was finally able to log in, I re-set it to the other side of my house and the problem went away.  Don't know if that will work for you but you could try it.

4 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

I did that, but I still can't login

3 hours ago, Wondergirl216 said:

I did that, but I still can't login

I just wrote a reply about your login issue on a different thread.  It's not a good idea to create more than 1 thread for the same issue.  Your other thread hadn't mentioned that you were able to log in on an alt account - that is helpful information for people trying to help you, because it rules out certain types of connection issues. 

My advice in I posted in your other thread was to try logging in to a different location than you're home - perhaps try Pooley to see if you can at least get logged in (in case it is an issue with your account's home landmark setting).  

Otherwise, or if that doesn't work, I'd second the suggestion made earlier in this thread - that you create a support ticket, as it sounds like an account specific issue, and none of here in the forums can see information about your account.

10 hours ago, Wondergirl216 said:

Now I found a interesting things, my transactions from the main avatar are showing on the alt avatar.

That sounds like what happened to someone I was helping recently.  It turned out that she and her alt were in world at the same time, and she simply got confused about which window was open when she was buying things.  I've made that sort of mistake myself many times, because I tend to have my alt on line to help me test things while I am scripting.  It's easy for me to forget which account is active at the moment and then get frustrated when I can't seem to modify or copy my own work.  I imagine that sort of thing might also happen if your alt's name was similar to your main av's name.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wondergirl216 said:

I give my username and password to a friend, she can login at another province.

Yikes! NEVER give your password to anyone else. Since you did, I recommend you change your password immediately. You can do a similar test without giving up your password...take a laptop computer to another place, or borrow a friend's computer that uses a different service provider, and try to log in from there.

2 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Yikes! NEVER give your password to anyone else. Since you did, I recommend you change your password immediately. You can do a similar test without giving up your password...take a laptop computer to another place, or borrow a friend's computer that uses a different service provider, and try to log in from there.

She is one of my best friends, and I did immediately change my password.

43 minutes ago, Wondergirl216 said:

I already sent them a ticket, but it may take a long time for them to reply, I want to figure it out by myself first.

In another thread that you posted in about your login issue, saying you had the same issue as the original poster in THAT thread, he indicated that Support fixed the problem for him, so you may need to be patient. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wondergirl216 said:

I already sent them a ticket, but it may take a long time for them to reply, I want to figure it out by myself first.

Sometimes, despite your best efforts, things do need to be fixed by LL as in the post  @MoiraKathleenmentioned.  In case you didn't read the post you were responding to in another thread.

On 1/11/2021 at 4:33 PM, Black Vortex said:

UPDATE

Turns out - it was inventory corruption. LL had to run a script on my account for when I logged in and the cache needed to be cleared to sort out the corrupted items.

I appreciate all of the help everyone had to offer!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.