How do I transport to my Linden Home?

Erin Mahoney

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Erin Mahoney said:

It used to be you that you were automatically sent to your home.

I guess it isn't the same now. I click home and nowhere.

I think perhaps you misremember.  I have been here since 2007 myself, and I can assure you that the only way you have ever been able to be "automatically sent to your home" is to go there once and Set Home To Here.  Once you have done that, you can indeed teleport to your home instantly with a single click.  You do have to make that simple first step to define Home first.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Erin Mahoney said:

This has has become quite annoying.

I haven't been able to visit home or anywhere else because of  work being done on the platform. I hope I get a credit for  3 days I lost.

Please help he to get to my Linden home

Erin Mahoney

Thank you.

As far as I'm aware there hasn't been anything that would have kept someone from going to a Linden Home for 3 days. 

What specifically is the issue?  Are you able to log in at a different location?   If so, what happens when you try to teleport to your Linden Home?  

If you have misplaced the e-mail that included the SLURL to your home, you can always find it again by going to your dashboard at secondlife.com and looking in the Land Manager menu for My Mainland.  You'll find the location  listed there. 

From there, you can get to the location in several ways.  If you have configured your account to allow it, you can just click on the location in that listing and let your viewer take you there directly.  If I were doing it myself, though, I would select the location from the listing, copy/paste it into my chat bar while I am  in world, send it, and then click on the SLURL that appears in local chat.  Or, most simply, open my map view, type the name of the region into the search field and the location vector into the numerical fields, and then click Teleport.

No matter how you get there, the first things to do are:

1. Use World >>> Set Home To Here  to establish the spot as your HOME location,  and

2. Use World >> Landmark This Spot to put a landmark to the location in your inventory.

(The actual names of those two commands differ from one viewer to another, but all SL viewers have the functions themselves.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.