Banned for no reason

AnjaduQuebec

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am banned by the owner of a land for no reason. I went earlier and then, when I reminded her of the fact, I was kicked out again. I would like to know why she throws me out, but I don't have the answer. Is there a Linden department that handles this case? I would like an audience, which only then will she be forced to say because I am not welcome in her land, since I did no harm, I just go there to vote and win lindens

7 minutes ago, AnjaduQuebec said:

I am banned by the owner of a land for no reason. I went earlier and then, when I reminded her of the fact, I was kicked out again. I would like to know why she throws me out, but I don't have the answer. Is there a Linden department that handles this case? I would like an audience, which only then will she be forced to say because I am not welcome in her land, since I did no harm, I just go there to vote and win lindens

It's their land and they can allow or ban anyone they want, end of story. I understand you may have done nothing, but again, it's their land -their rules.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, AnjaduQuebec said:

Land owners do not have to have a provide a reason for banning someone from their land.  They can ban someone for whatever reason they want to (which often is interpreted by the one being banned as 'for no reason').  

I don't know how the various coin / fishing / voting games for earning lindens work, but perhaps there was a nuance to the game rules which you did not understand, and which could get you banned from one of the locations.  From what I can tell from complaints I've seen here in the forums, there seems to be a bit of drama associated with some of those games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnjaduQuebec said:

7 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

Land owners do not have to have a provide a reason for banning someone from their land.  They can ban someone for whatever reason they want to (which often is interpreted by the one being banned as 'for no reason').  

I don't know how the various coin / fishing / voting games for earning lindens work, but perhaps there was a nuance to the game rules which you did not understand, and which could get you banned from one of the locations.  From what I can tell from complaints I've seen here in the forums, there seems to be a bit of drama associated with some of those games. 

I don't want to do drama, I just don't understand how a person can be angry with someone out of nowhere and expel. 'I thought I don't want you anymore and that's it, I punished you'.

It makes no sense.

Whenever I ban someone from a region or all regions there is always "a reason" and I record that reason in the notes section of their profile for future reference. 99 times out of 100 the person being banned knows exactly why whether I tell them or not. Of course they will try the old "I was banned for no reason!" approach to try to gain the sympathy of others. After a region ban is issued a personal mute is followed because I am not going to get involved in the drama and once you have reached the point a region ban is needed a "Talk to the hand" policy immediately follows. May sound cold but its needed to keep the drama out and the venue or business going without distractions from rule breakers.

Edited by MarissaOrloff
OCD
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

how Second Life Works the property owner can do whatever they want if you're a guest you're at their Mercy

the number one reason why you're going to get banned as a new Resident your account is too young a lot of places want residents to be over 30 days old before they allow them to enter their property 

I get banned for some really ridiculous funny reasons  being a furry for being a weeb there's people that hate furries and anime characters so they ban them instantly for no reason at all other than the fact they don't like them by the way if this ever happens to you when you visit a store check the marketplace you can usually find what you're looking for there

don't sweat over it go someplace else

On 1/23/2021 at 3:46 AM, AnjaduQuebec said:

I don't want to do drama, I just don't understand how a person can be angry with someone out of nowhere and expel. 'I thought I don't want you anymore and that's it, I punished you'.

It makes no sense.

let it go....everyone, after some time spent in SL, has to deal with it,  at least once....just as in some detective movies.....a random killing, no clues...but at the end there is always a motif ...the weirder the better :)

• 3 weeks later...

There are two sides to a story and we only heard your side so we cannot really say if that owner was being unreasonable. Besides, that’s their prerogative to eject and ban without explanation since it is their land and they’re paying for it. You’ll know how it feels when you become a land owner yourself. Your account, or at least the one you signed-in with for this thread, is fairly new and that is enough grounds for many places to block you. You’ve never been on SL long enough if you haven’t been banned “without reason,” or at least a reason that you believe is valid or acceptable. Been here 10 years plus and I had been banned for being AFK, for not being a certain height (I love being petite in both lives and will not change just to get into some virtual space), for having a certain group visible in bio, yadda yadda yadda ... or simply because the owner was paranoid or petty. To share a story: once, I visited the mainstore of a new label and got ejected and banned while browsing. I didn’t ask the owner why because I avoid drama and confrontation at all costs, but later I found out through some fashion bloggers that said creator has a nasty habit of being paranoid about people copy-botting their items when in fact, their items have copyright issues (clue: hijacked mesh + using logos of RL high-end brands). I also recall wearing a bag that day made by a famous designer that I learned later said owner is enemies with. A friend dropped by that sim and under Location Profile found that the ban list was almost full, and they had only been open for a month LMAO At the end of the day it’s their land, their tier, their rules, and they have every right to be as prejudiced/paranoid/petty/etc. as they want, you simply don’t support such places, and move on to others because the beauty of SL is that the world is infinite and for each place that doesn’t accept you, there’s a hundred more that do.

• Like 1

I and/or my friends have been banned for:

• Being too small
  • Being too tall
  • Looking too young
  • Looking too old
  • Not having a mesh avi
  • Being so proud of their new building skills that they wore their first object on their head
  • Within three seconds of tp'ing there
  • Crossing a new neighbor's parcel boundary to greet them to the region
  • Welcoming a new player to Belliserria

4 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

I and/or my friends have been banned for:

• [
  • Crossing a new neighbor's parcel boundary to greet them to the region

I've never banned anyone for doing that but I find it intrusive and weird.  When I've got a new home I want time to appreciate it and its surroundings in peace, get settled in, and think about decorating and furnishing.  I don't want random strangers barging in demanding my attention.  It might be the norm where you come from but it's not the same for everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 5:48 AM, AnjaduQuebec said:

I don't want to do drama, I just don't understand how a person can be angry with someone out of nowhere and expel.

There is plenty nonsense gadgets exist to auto ban you for various reasons (avatar age / avatar height / script count / memory usage etc..).. perhaps land owner not even aware of your ban.

They can also ban you for no specific reason or some other "hidden reason" (half naked avatar, inappropriate profile etc.) instead of  wasting your time to figure it out why you are banned.. carry on to next land / next adventure.

There is plenty places to go for fish hunt / relax / socialization.

Edited by RunawayBunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.