You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Contact me in-world on how to change it or respond here, I will check back when I can and contact you in-world. If I don't respond in-world please try again or send me a notecard, my messages get capped.

Just to confirm this is for you to switch to a free system so you don't get bled out financially in SL.

2 minutes ago, NickyVN said:

Contact me in-world on how to change it or respond here, I will check back when I can and contact you in-world. If I don't respond in-world please try again or send me a notecard, my messages get capped.

Just to confirm this is for you to switch to a free system so you don't get bled out financially in SL.

That's easy!  Stop playing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
On 1/23/2021 at 3:35 AM, RowanMinx said:

That's easy!  Stop playing.

"The edgier you try to look (most everyone at Grandpa's), the more desperate for attention you appear."

How about you respect other people's way of playing or just go play it your way and leave us alone. We don't need or want your troll drama. Is it too much to ask for people to just be nice, why does everything always have to be a b**ch-fest, fricken keyboard commandos.

Respect costs you nothing, sitting behind your pc making snide comments where none are wanted or needed costs you kharma and removes respect. Try to stop negatively affecting the world before your bad kharma catches up to you.

Peace.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6
18 hours ago, NickyVN said:

"The edgier you try to look (most everyone at Grandpa's), the more desperate for attention you appear."

How about you respect other people's way of playing or just go play it your way and leave us alone. We don't need or want your troll drama. Is it too much to ask for people to just be nice, why does everything always have to be a b**ch-fest, fricken keyboard commandos.NOT

Respect costs you nothing, sitting behind your pc making snide comments where none are wanted or needed costs you kharma and removes respect. Try to stop negatively affecting the world before your bad kharma catches up to you.

Peace.

I have no issue with how anyone chooses to use SL.  I didn't disrespect you in any way.  We've had numerous discussions and debates on the forums about vampires in SL and how a lot seem to disrespect others choice to NOT be involved.

No one is bled financially in SL unless they choose to be.  Vampire RP. is just that, RP.  You can be, play, RP a vampire in SL with NO cost.

So I'll stick by my first response. Don't want to pay... Stop playing/paying.

"All stocked up on crazy, keep it to yourself".  Explains a lot.  

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 8
1 hour ago, NickyVN said:

How about you respect other people's way of playing or just go play it your way and leave us alone. We don't need or want your troll drama. Is it too much to ask for people to just be nice, why does everything always have to be a b**ch-fest, fricken keyboard commandos.

Given the statement you were reacting too, it seems to me that you're going a little overboard in your response.  If I was interested in leaving one type of vampire RP for another type, and the only thing I had to go on for that other type was your posts here, I would be very hesitant to get involved, given the attitude you're displaying in this thread. 

This is a discussion forum about Role Play, so Rowan suggesting that someone leave a particular vein of RP if they are tired of the costs associated with it is not a rude or disrespectful statement - it's simply one of the options that people have.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
On 1/23/2021 at 6:50 PM, NickyVN said:

Ah, yes - this post is such a fine example of "respect".

Someone that respected others and their opinions, and didn't want drama, would have responded very, very differently.

• Like 8

I wasn't being disrespectful, and my post isn't for advertising, but whatever, keep hating. No time for people ganging up on others.

If anyone out there wants to contact me regarding the vamp stuff please do so in-world. If this thread puts you off, well then, so be it, I wanted to help those who want to RP with a system in SL, and yeah you don't need the huds and stuff but sometimes it's more fun with the hud, doesn't mean you have no imagination... but honestly, this crap ain't worth dealing with.

Edited by NickyVN
  • Confused 1
6 hours ago, NickyVN said:

I wasn't being disrespectful, and my post isn't for advertising, but whatever, keep hating. No time for people ganging up on others.

Just because someone does not agree with you or has a differing opinion does not make them a "hater".

@RowanMinx, I'm surprised you weren't called "Vamp-phobic" since when you speak up against something, you are "phobic'd" these days!

• Like 3
Just now, Jordan Whitt said:

Just because someone does not agree with you or has a differing opinion does not make them a "hater".

@RowanMinx, I'm surprised you weren't called "Vamp-phobic" since when you speak up against something, you are "phobic'd" these days!

They did edit out that I was playing the victim and " you didn't see me calling in all my friends to something or other". As if I told everyone in the thread to jump in and respond to "save me" or some such rubbish.

The only phobic I am is moronophobic.  Making that word up just now.  Feel free to use it when needed.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

They did edit out that I was playing the victim and " you didn't see me calling in all my friends to something or other". As if I told everyone in the thread to jump in and respond to "save me" or some such rubbish.

The only phobic I am is moronophobic.  Making that word up just now.  Feel free to use it when needed.

Damnit, did I miss seeing the "Rowan Signal" calling me to run in here with pitchfork at the ready to angry mob someone?

Word stolen and added to vocabulary!

• Like 1

If you're going to gripe about people having a differing opinion - especially where Role Play is concerned - don't post/create a topic in a public forum.

Personally there is far too much emphasis/lean in Second Life on meters/HUDs/Scripted Systems where Role Play is concerned for my liking. Embellishing an effect/post/action? Some systems and such are just fine - they really shouldn't be the main focus though.

• Like 3

I will add that the conversation did clarify the original post for me, as I assumed from the whole "cash cow for vampires" thing had me thinking this was a "sugar daddy" type thing, but with vampires.  I didn't click that the "cash cowing" was paying out for HUDs and things to "enhance" the role play.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Matilda Melune said:

Im kinda confused. Is "Grandpa's" that OP mention a place to play Bloodlines? And I'm guessing thats the system they are annoyed with? idk their original post is kinda cryptic and I feel clueless. 🤔😆

No, grandpa's is just a place.  They quoted my profile for some reason.

55 minutes ago, Matilda Melune said:

Im kinda confused. Is "Grandpa's" that OP mention a place to play Bloodlines? And I'm guessing thats the system they are annoyed with? idk their original post is kinda cryptic and I feel clueless. 🤔😆

the whole thread is confusing, but I am a bit thick .... 

• Haha 1

I am of the opinion that you shouldn't need an expensive HUD to role play. Titlers are free, if you want to name a character something separate from your avatar's name. Outside of that, you should just need to worry about the avatar's looks, which may cost some Ls. Then whatever backstory you want to give them. Want to RP a vampire? Great, There are plenty of sources to find inspiration, from The Masquerade to Twilight.

• Like 1
On 1/23/2021 at 7:50 PM, NickyVN said:

Peace.

Disagreeing with you doesn't mean disrespecting you.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2021 at 1:46 PM, Gage Hijinks said:

I'm a vampire hybrid and I dont use any HUD - I just use something called roleplaying, imagination, emotes and props. That's all you really need - huds and stuff are not roleplay.

Exactly! I RP multiple characters, A vampire  and a werewolf in the mix, and I never needed to use a HUD like Bloodlines to do it. If anything, Bloodlines annoy people. Spampires that think biting people and keep their bite counts up is the only thing about being a vampire.

• Like 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.