Free places to park and change etc?

Blyss Marialla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys so I am on and off SL lately due to traveling XD But I still pop on when I can! I know there are places where I can change etc but I dont have any of that info... I just need a place I can park my AV when in IMs and change, maybe rezz to unpack clothing etc. I would rent but I am not sure how much I will be able to be on when I start traveling again in a couple weeks to see renting right now... I also don't wanna ask any of my friends to crash at their place because most have roommates/families and I don't wanna interrupt their SL lives or make anything awkward lol

Any help and tips (especially SLURL links) much appreciated! You can also reach me in world Blyss Marialla.

2 hours ago, Blyss Marialla said:

Hey guys so I am on and off SL lately due to traveling XD But I still pop on when I can! I know there are places where I can change etc but I dont have any of that info... I just need a place I can park my AV when in IMs and change, maybe rezz to unpack clothing etc. I would rent but I am not sure how much I will be able to be on when I start traveling again in a couple weeks to see renting right now... I also don't wanna ask any of my friends to crash at their place because most have roommates/families and I don't wanna interrupt their SL lives or make anything awkward lol

Any help and tips (especially SLURL links) much appreciated! You can also reach me in world Blyss Marialla.

Skybeam community.  

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SkyBeam/2/138/0/

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

You can try a sandbox:

https://secondlife.com/destinations/howto/sandbox

These are only some of them, you can find more if you type in the in world search:  sandbox

many results will appear pick whatever you like.

Thanks. I was hoping for something a little more private than a sandbox haha but if I can't find anything I will give it a shot. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Blyss Marialla said:

This is really, really REALLY old lol but when I first logged onto SL and didn't have land or a place to change someone told me about this and I used it in sandboxes, here's the link to it in MP: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Ez-Magic-Chair-Skybox-Rezzer-FOR-FREE/401599

3 hours ago, Blyss Marialla said:

The Forum Cartel has a dressing room up in the sky.  The place is almost always empty.  You can join the group for free and set home to their land.  You can then stand around there anytime you like to IM folks, unpack boxes, chit-chat with anyone that might pop in.  SLURL below -- when you TP, look to the left side of the bar and you'll find a teleporter to the dressing room - along with teleporters to a group owned photo studio and sandbox, which you can also use.

Paste this into chat and click it to pull up the Group info for joining:   secondlife:///app/group/d0f1fa9f-1a8b-8074-b111-a3fac92fea07/about

Here is the SLURL to the Hangout where you'll find the teleporter to the dressing room:   http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Allana/171/19/34

ETA:  You do NOT have to be a member of the group to TP to the dressing room, but I'm pretty sure you do need to be a member to rez boxes and such

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

Most new user places have official dressing rooms. New Resident Island has some. Firestorm Island has some. Oxbridge Caledon has some near the main lecture hall, and they have one-way glass; you can look out at Caledon but no one can see in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For the first few years, I also used the bottom of a Linden sea.  I never encountered any peekers.  Then one day I logged into my usual underwater spot, only to find that the Lindens had built a new continent there, sold the land, and I was now trapped under the floor of someone's home.  Of course, if that hadn't happened, I probably never would have needed a place of my own;  I went down the tier rabbit hole just for a place to change clothes lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.