Page loading slowdown?

KT Kingsley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

58 minutes ago, KT Kingsley said:

Alongside the new forum format (which, obviously, I don't like, and hope I'm the first to say so) there seems to have been a significant slowdown in page loading times. Or is that just me?

I get the slow downs too but its random , not every visit. Seems like pages take a lot longer to load than necessary.

1 hour ago, KT Kingsley said:

Alongside the new forum format (which, obviously, I don't like, and hope I'm the first to say so) there seems to have been a significant slowdown in page loading times. Or is that just me?

Yep, thought it was just me but it was happening before the maintenance this week.

16 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Um ....

What new format? And no slowdowns that I've noticed.

The one where the first three lines of the OP of each thread in a sub-forum are displayed on that forum's front page, and where the layout has changed to accommodate this.

Maybe fetching and formatting all that extra text could be having an effect?

4 hours ago, KT Kingsley said:

The one where the first three lines of the OP of each thread in a sub-forum are displayed on that forum's front page, and where the layout has changed to accommodate this.

Maybe fetching and formatting all that extra text could be having an effect?

That's ... Not at all what I am seeing, right this minute:

Browser.thumb.png.edffc0c7608c64d6e3dd07549ceb1bde.png

Brave browser, no extra text appears even when at default zoom levels. Unless the default, brighter theme has been altered without the forum built in dark theme being changed ... 

• Thanks 1

Ha!

I just now spotted the button just to the left of Start new topic, which switches between a simple-ish list and a list with previews. I'd managed to get into preview list mode without realising, and this does indeed seem to cause a big slowdown in page loading.

Thanks, I'm now back to where I want to be.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.